Why Did I Wait So Long?!

Tell us who you are. Old veteran, young newbie, just passing by, or here
to stay!
VintageRulez
Beginner
Beginner

Why Did I Wait So Long?!

Post by VintageRulez »

I have always loved the looks of Conrad Johnson gear. As someone who collects vintage gear from the 70's, I'm starting to move away from collecting vintage gear.

I've been on the hunt to buy my first set of Conrad Johnson gear for the last couple of years. It's been either over priced for what they were selling or I didn't have the funds at the time.

Another collector I met locally came across someone looking to unload some nice gear just collecting dust. So when he messaged me and told me what he had, I knew I had to jump on it!

So I'm the new owner of a Conrad Johnson MF2500 and PV15. This is definitely and up grade over my typical vintage monster receivers from the 70's. I'm glad I took the plunge and don't know why I took so long! Image
Attachments
received_1124485445635778.jpeg
received_1124485445635778.jpeg (210.35 KiB) Viewed 202 times
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Why Did I Wait So Long?!

Post by admin »

First, welcome to CJO. Great to have you with us.

And congrats on the wonderful score! Not only looks amazing but that is some very fine gear. I'm sure it will bring you a lot of listening joy.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
VintageRulez
Beginner
Beginner

Post by VintageRulez »

admin wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:22 am First, welcome to CJO. Great to have you with us.

And congrats on the wonderful score! Not only looks amazing but that is some very fine gear. I'm sure it will bring you a lot of listening joy.

Thanks, glad to be apart on CJO.

My buddy in Canada is a big CJ guy, he's helped guide in looking for the good stuff from CJ. I think this is definitely a great starting point into CJ!

This set is definitely going to bring lots of listening joy. I should have no problem pairing speakers with this amp! I made sure what ever I bought it would needed! :D
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The MF-2500 with it's 250 watts of SS power output will handle anything. It's a good paring with the PV-15. The PV15 will give the sound that classic CJ sound for sure. And I have to add that cosmetically they looks great together.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.