Suggestions on a preamp for CJ 2275SE amp?

The PV-1 to now...
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Suggestions on a preamp for CJ 2275SE amp?

Post by admin »

That's awesome. Glad to hear the good customer service experience.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Guys,

Recently came to live here a Russian who used to work in the Genalex factory. He assured me that the tubes are NOS. The tubes are built not long ago.
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

roberto wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:31 pm Guys,

Recently came to live here a Russian who used to work in the Genalex factory. He assured me that the tubes are NOS. The tubes are built not long ago.
If the factories are still making them, who do they sell them to as I was under the impression that the sanctions limited the selling of Russian tubes to the West (which I just figured was buying the majority of them)?
-admin
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

The Russian tube industry exists to serve their legacy weapons system electronics.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
Joe Appierto
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by Joe Appierto »

The Russian tube industry exists to serve their legacy weapons system electronics.
I'm sure the Russian government is a customer of New Sensor (Electro-Harmonix, Genalex, etc.). The company was founded in 1968 by Mike Matthews in New York City.

According to their website https://shop.ehx.com/about/ Electro-Harmonix "EHX owns 100% of the world's largest vacuum tube factory and has a long tradition of producing the highest quality tubes renowned for their high fidelity and reliability in any application."
Oppo BDP-105D and PSA DS DAC
Conrad Johnson CA200
MartinLogan EML
In-Akustik Exzellenz Cat 6 Ethernet and HDMI, Q-Audio IC and speaker cables, and Acrolink 6N P4030 power cords; PSA Duet PLC and Juice Bar, Oyaide R1 wall outlets
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I know that some legacy military equipment use vacuum tubes but I was under the impression that the vast majority of sales was for consumer use. Obviously I don't know exactly what percentage but I just don't see the Russian military using vast quantities of tubes. I'm sure they have stockpiles for reserves but figured they would only buy at the rate that their equipment is using up their supply. It would definitely be interesting to get some "inside numbers."
-admin