Conrad Johnson TEA1S1 Tube Phono Preamplifier updated by Music Technology

A nice place to sell, buy, and trade anything (without the fees). See something on sale at another site, talk about it here.
zermatt
Frequent User
Frequent User

Conrad Johnson TEA1S1 Tube Phono Preamplifier updated by Music Technology

Post by zermatt »

This ad is for s used Conrad Johnson TEA1S1 Tube Phono Preamplifier. It is in 8/10 shape with CJ Factory Carton, manual, and AC Cord. SN is xxxxxxxxxxx01 it’s the very first unit. I am the original owner. I purchased this unit in 2010.

Music Technology Modifications:
A: Signal decoupling Caps were replaced with Mundorf Silver Gold in oil polyproline in the signal path. The Riaa CJ Teflon caps remain. The updated provided a warmer tone and presentation.
B: It has the Xfmer installed but they are not wired in. I was using an external transformer. Bill T updated this section for me.
These modifications can be reversed by Conrad Johnson or Bill Thallman if desired. I still have the Teflon caps.

The Series one unit uses 6dj8 (one for each channel) and a shared 12xx7 tube . The unit comes with two sets of tubes unused. Matsushita NOS tested PCC88 and Philips 6922. New production Tugsol 12Ax7 and NOS Dynaco -Telefunken 12ax7
It is a very, very quiet Phono Stage. This preamp is natural sounding and dynamic with sound stage features that are a hallmark of the CJ design and sound. .

Performance specifications measured at 1 kHz

Gain: TEA1s1
Low Gain Input – 54 dB
High Gain Input – 54 dB

$3500 best offer.
zermatt
Frequent User
Frequent User

Re: Conrad Johnson TEA1S1 Tube Phono Preamplifier updated by Music Technology

Post by zermatt »

This UNit is sold!
Joe Appierto
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by Joe Appierto »

Congratulations. I'm sure you made some lucky person quite happy. :)
Oppo BDP-105D and PSA DS DAC
Conrad Johnson CA200
MartinLogan EML
In-Akustik Exzellenz Cat 6 Ethernet and HDMI, Q-Audio IC and speaker cables, and Acrolink 6N P4030 power cords; PSA Duet PLC and Juice Bar, Oyaide R1 wall outlets
zermatt
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by zermatt »

Joe;

Thanks for your comment. I sure hope loves it. He was able to pick up directly and listen to it. In less then 5 mins, he said he wanted it, I wonder if the Art88 helped that process? I replaced this with the Art phono...................I really love this phono stage.