Tina Turner passed at age 83

Anything you can hear or see.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Tina Turner passed at age 83

Post by AnotherJohnson »

NYT and others have reported that Tina Turner died.

She was seriously good for her genre. Battled a lot of obstacles too. RIP
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tina Turner passed at age 83

Post by admin »

Ah, that is sad to hear. I think tonight I will listen to some her albums as a tribute. RIP.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

RIP indeed! After what she went through with that awful Ike Turner... we watched the whole doco on ABC channel over here, shown as a tribute to Tina T. We were practically in tears after watching.
She was a massive figure in our nation down unda with reference to Rugby League. She contributed the song Simply the Best alongside Jimmy Barnes (also referred to as Barnzy) and this hit became the standard tune for Rugby League in our nation. She taught Mick Jagger those moves and it was in her soul the way she moved. It took quite a long time to develop her freedom from Ike and when she finally walked out on him, face bloodied after a regular beating, she flew to stardom! The Mad Max film Thunderdome, was also a tribute to her Aus fans, she's huge over here.

Somewhere I read... cant quite remember where I came across it but she owned Quad ESL's, and used only Quads as her main reference monitors. I can't remember of they were ESL63 or stacked 57's... I think it was in that Quad book, The Closest Approach. Anyway, what a fitting touch to know that she loved electro-stats!

Cheers to Tina T!
WOOF! RJ
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

It came out today that her long term health issue that led to her kidney disease (which was her cause of death) was uncontrolled high blood pressure.

Many people ignore their high blood pressure because it doesn’t make them feel bad, and they don’t want to take meds.

Don’t ignore it. Sustained high blood pressure is a kidney destroyer. It’s not just about vulnerability to heart attacks and aneurysms.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.