An incredible piano player...

Everything not even remotely related to CJ.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

An incredible piano player...

Post by roberto »

Hola Chicos,

I just want to share with you this fantastic piano player. She is from Venezuela. The thing here is that she is a truly Master piano player. Once she has finished her concert, she likes to improvise. One person of the audience sings or whistles a tune, that must be known by everybody at the concert. What amused me is that she is right with the harmony and right with the melody. It is improvised right there, in front of every one. This is amazing!!!!

https://youtu.be/PyER5c7maVQ

https://youtu.be/lt3gymv2yDM
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: An incredible piano player...

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Gabriela Montero

She is quite good … another child prodigy. Wikipedia says she could pick out the notes of the Venezuelan national anthem before she could talk. She gave her first public performance at age 5.

I’m listening to her improvisation on the Pachelbel Cannon right now. Improvisation is similar to jazz in that it is built on the foundation laid by the original composer, but it strays in new directions.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Very talented. It's amazing what some people can do with natural talent and training.

She has a number of albums on the streaming services if you want to listen to higher quality audio.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Hola Chicos,

Been Another Johnson and me musicians, we know this talent is not easy to find. What she does is out of this world. I was thinking that she is an alien. :roll:

Doing the harmony and the melody is not an easy task :shock: . She does it so easy, and always having the melody line beautifully played. Improvisation is what all the great jazz musicians can do. The difference here is that the jazz musicians already know the chords line and progression chords of the song where they are doing the improvisation. Here, she is getting the part of the melody, just a fraction of where she is going to improvise. And she is so talented that she knows the chords line for that melody while just playing that fraction of it...and makes a treatise of that little piece of melody.

And doing this in classical music!... This is a very complicated and a a very difficult grade and almost impossible task. And I do really believe that she is an alien, definitively. :mrgreen:

A very happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Regarding of a complexity harmony, here is what she is doing almost out of key!!!

https://youtu.be/ZmTir9nytsk

Enjoy!
Paolo
Super Pro
Super Pro

Post by Paolo »

Greetings friends,
Thank you for mentioning Ms Montero. What a marvelous musician. I'm in love (yet again)
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Hola Paolo,

I think that she is so gifted, and besides, this is my very first time that I can hear and see a classical musician doing a classical improvisation. There are many videos where you can find her doing all these marvellous impromptus.

Happy listening!
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

She is certainly gifted.

Child prodigies are often capable of this, but she has found a niche and is really having fun.

Glenn Gould, Martha Argerich, Oscar Peterson, Victor Borge …all capable. But none exploited this aspect so well.

It is a treat to hear her play.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.