Wanted tube cage for CAV-45 S2

A nice place to sell, buy, and trade anything (without the fees). See something on sale at another site, talk about it here.
warnie7
Regular
Regular

Wanted tube cage for CAV-45 S2

Post by warnie7 »

Do anyone know where I can find a tube cage for my CAV -45 S2
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: Wanted tube cage for CAV-45 S2

Post by AnotherJohnson »

warnie7 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:35 pm Do anyone know where I can find a tube cage for my CAV -45 S2
CAV 45 S2 is a current model. CJ should have parts to support them. Have you already tried without success? Get in touch with your dealer who may be able to order one for you. If you’re not in the US, you’ll have to go through the official importer for your country. Best of luck.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
Truth71
Super Pro
Super Pro

Post by Truth71 »

And no harm posted a "WANTED" on ebay and various audio sites. Not infrequently, tube cages get seperated from their chassis...
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Truth71 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:51 pm And no harm posted a "WANTED" on ebay and various audio sites. Not infrequently, tube cages get seperated from their chassis...
FWIW, there are an historically large number of Conrad Johnson items listed on eBay right now. I didn’t notice any tube cages when I looked the other day, but it is certainly worth checking regularly if you’re not in a hurry.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Just looked at ebay. Yeah, I don't think I have ever seen this many units listed at once. Including the cheap Chinese knock offs. They have no shame.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

admin wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:06 pm Just looked at ebay. Yeah, I don't think I have ever seen this many units listed at once. Including the cheap Chinese knock offs. They have no shame.
A lot of what I saw were “fishing expeditions.” Prices were so high that the listings won’t sell except possibly to deep pocket bucketlisters.

But there were some with selling precedents.

I looked over the McIntosh listings too. Lots of absurdity. MX110 listings ranged from around $2k to around $8k.

With the shipping problems presently in play, some of the pressure from buyers located in the Orient has been released.

The large number up for sale would seem to support the idea that there is uncertainty in the tube domain (and the economy) right now.