KEF 5L5O Meta for my premier 11?

From tubes to solid state.
Sarpedon12
New User
New User

KEF 5L5O Meta for my premier 11?

Post by Sarpedon12 »

Has anybody had experience with this combination? I’d be grateful for suggestions or insights.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: KEF 5L5O Meta for my premier 11?

Post by roberto »

Hola and welcome,

This is my belief, Conrad Johnson will make to sing any speaker made in Mother Earth with the best sound possible.

The Premier 11 is a super good power amp, and it has the signature sound quality of Conrad Johnson. No matter the impedance load, being inductive, resistive or capacitive, the output transformer used in the CJ power amplifier are top match. Made in America, assures you top notch quality and capable to drive anything.

My advice is, have a listen, and if your ears are very happy with the combination, then go for them. It is YOUR liking. What I do like not necessary must be your liking. Sound is like food. And The chefs are the designers. Every brand has its own signature sound. Conrad Johnson seeks the best naturalness posible to reproduce through the speakers. And this characteristic is what we, the CJ users like.

CJ brings to my ears a steady stage, with a truly sense of 3D, with very open wide sound, with an exquisite harmonic texture, with the right size of the musical instruments and voices. The voices are projected to the space with a formidable realism, and no sore voices here.

Your ears will tell, trust in them, they are your final judges. The CJ slogan is: Conrad Johnson sounds right!

Kef is a good company with great products, their signature sound is very British. This is good.

Happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.