Anything you can hear or see.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Allan Taylor “Hotels & Dreamers

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Listening to this

https://www.google.com/search?q=allan+t ... ent=safari

Streamed on a dCS Rossini to Ref 6 SE, Ref 160S, Alexia Vs, all Transparent wires.

It’s worth a listen. Start with cut 1.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: Allan Taylor “Hotels & Dreamers

Post by AnotherJohnson »

I bought the CD. It came today.

It’s as impressive in my system as it was at the demo.

Allan Taylor is also featured on the Burmester demo disk series.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: Allan Taylor “Hotels & Dreamers

Post by AnotherJohnson »

I streamed this from Amazon Prime (16/44.1) through the Marantz ND 8006 and into the main ARC/Wilson based system last night. Earlier in the day I’d streamed the same Amazon Prime source into the kitchen via the Denon Home 350.

A few observations… first, the vinyl rendition I heard at Paragon Sight and Sound is the one that really spiked my audio memory. That could be due to the Alexia Vs as much as anything else. Second, the CD in my main system was quite good, and close enough to the vinyl demo that it did not raise doubts. Third, the streaming via the ND8006 was good, maybe even great, but the hard media seemed even more alive. Could be the quality of the much more expensive Levinson 5101 and Clearaudio Statement.

Fourth, the Denon Home 350 demo was stunning compared to other Denon Home 350 demos. But the real value of the Denon Home 350 demo is to explain to a skeptic the reason that one might need to have a high end system rather than just Alexa-like devices installed around the house.

If you play this obviously stunning “Beat Hotel” cut on the Denon 350 and the response is “ Why would anyone need anything more than that?”, then the answer is to lead them to the other system and play it again. No more questions are likely.