Phono stage wanted for CJ PV12

A nice place to sell, buy, and trade anything (without the fees). See something on sale at another site, talk about it here.
WGS57
Regular
Regular

Phono stage wanted for CJ PV12

Post by WGS57 »

Does anyone have a phono stage for a CJ PV12 they would sell and that’s in good condition? Or, can anyone recommend where I could shop for one? I sent an email to CJ in Virginia and it’s been some time with no reply. I suspect they are busy and don’t have time to reply at this time. Many thanks in advance.

Bill
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: Phono stage wanted for CJ PV12

Post by AnotherJohnson »

At this late date in the PV12’s life cycle, the best bet might be to buy a separate phono preamp. CJ’s own TEA2 might be a good bet, but there are many alternatives, ranging in price all the way from a few hundred bucks to tens of thousands.

For a PV12, which by itself in good condition might be worth $1500, a good match might be one of SoundSmiths offerings. What you’d like best would depend on the phono cartridges you plan to use.

https://www.sound-smith.com/phono-preamp/all
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
WGS57
Regular
Regular

Post by WGS57 »

Thank you for the advice, I suspected that could be the outcome. I do have a Schiit phono preamp that I can use or look for the phono preamp version of the PV12.
Joe Appierto
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by Joe Appierto »

If you're willing to do without the PV12 while it's being worked on (or if you have a standby preamp) you could use the services of Music Technology https://www.musictechnology.com/index.html to have a phono stage inserted into the PV12. I did the same many years ago with a PV10AL that they converted to a PV10A.
Oppo BDP-105D and PSA DS DAC
Conrad Johnson CA200
MartinLogan EML
In-Akustik Exzellenz Cat 6 Ethernet and HDMI, Q-Audio IC and speaker cables, and Acrolink 6N P4030 power cords; PSA Duet PLC and Juice Bar, Oyaide R1 wall outlets
WGS57
Regular
Regular

Post by WGS57 »

Hi Joe, I will check them out. Many thanks for the link, much appreciated.