new digital approach to analogue sound.

Everything not even remotely related to CJ.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: new digital approach to analogue sound.

Post by roberto »

Hey Chicos,

I don't want to be a braggart, but I do have more good recordings to share. For those who can do streaming, try this:

Nancy Bryan: Sweet Havana
Kenda Shank: Photograph
Patti Smith: Walking Blind/Dead Man
Chico Freeman: Murcia
Basie, Evinson, Smith: Just A Dream On My Mind
Steve Davis Project: One, Two, Free
Sotonga: N'Kosi Sikelel-E
Via Olatunji: Bethlehem
Cynda Williams: Harlem Blues
Lori Lieberman: Drive in
Desire: I Aint Mvin
David Bowie: Cat People
Alabama Chicken: Moonrise (playing a saw)
Steve Ray Vaughan: Tin Pan Alley
Kurt Ellin: Flirting With Twilight
Diana Krall: Let's Face The Music And Dance
Muddy Waters: My Face Is The Delta
Jarabe De Palo: La Flaca
Camile Saint Saens: The Elephant
Nino Torrenet & Son De Hoy: Gozalo
Beethoven: Danse Allemande
Donizetti: Andante Sostenuto for Harp and Oboe
Tom Jones and Jeff Beck: Going Down Slow
Dean Peer: Mars

I do know that you have your favourites, and good recordings too. This is just a sample of how good the recordings are on these days, The problem is to reproduce them, not to do the recordings.

Happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: new digital approach to analogue sound.

Post by admin »

A recent standout quality album that I listened to recently and now actually use for A/B comparisons is:

SYML - Sacred Spaces

https://www.symlmusic.store/products/70 ... s-vinyl-lp

It's available for streaming in 24b/48khz on most major streaming services. I would probably put this in the top 5 highest quality vocal recordings. What's amazing is that it was recorded live but sounds essentially "perfect" like a studio album. It was recorded in St. Mark's Cathedral in Seattle, Washington. I think that adds a unique sound space that can't be replicated in a studio booth. It's one of those albums that I had never heard of before and it was introduced to me by a random playlist. Since then I've used it as one of my reference albums.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.