Gossip Gossip / RJ bought a BF-210 ML sub

Everything not even remotely related to CJ.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Gossip Gossip / RJ bought a BF-210 ML sub

Post by roberto »

Hola Chicos,
A little bird told me that RJ is fascinated with a Martin Logan BF-210 subwoofer. The CLXs are designed to use both top of the line subs. There is a special software available to be downloaded from their web page and this software makes the impossible task: to match and blend as one.
Good to know that he is as happy as I am.

Happy listening RJ!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: Gossip Gossip / RJ bought a BF-210 ML sub

Post by AnotherJohnson »

The principle of conservation of Martin Logan BF-210s is in force. I recently sold mine.

It was a great match for ML Stats & hybrids. I hope he enjoys it as much as I did with my Theos.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Glad to hear. ML makes some of the best subs in the business. Really can't go wrong with then if you are looking for a little something extra in the low end. I was very happy with the sub integration when I owned the ML vantages for all those years.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Ha! Nice one Robbo maaate!

I just saw this post... still laughing 😄
Yeah, yeah I know I know... I was dead against using subs and as you all know why...!
However, I was on a quest to find the right one, even tried the dynamo series before but this was at a demo room going back a few years, I guess it wasn't set up properly.

After nearly 4 years, I came across this one and it was already software pre-loaded, and they recommended connecting with SE RCA or XLR cables, not by speaker leads. Since my CT5 has two main outputs, vola! Also confirmed by my trusted CJ dealer that using the secondary main output from the CT5 is the preferred choice.

Speaker leads is an option but also involves more cables, means more points of connection. I just prefer to keep things simple. LF signals seem to be much clearer.

Cheers to BF! Woofer woof'n!
RJ
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

RJ,
It is soooooo good to know that you are now listening many musical things that you were missing without the sub. Don't get me wrong here, the CLXs are capable and very good in the bass definition, specially the double bass. You are able to distinguish all the musical notes easily. You can hear an E or an E Flat. This thing in not easy with any sub, the match and blend is perfect with the BF-210. I did try the BF-212 (this is my liking) and was too difficult to adjust in my room.

Congratulations dear RJ...enjoy your new improved sound!

Another woof, and very happy for you!

Happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Thanks Robbo mate!

Yes, I did consider the BF212 but that's really big! Dual 850w Class D amps on board, plus dual 12 inch drivers... that's far more doof - doof... I'll probably be on the roof!
I think the BF212 would be more suited for very large rooms. The BF210 is just perfect! Absolutely loving it!

Cheers matey, and enjoy those very fine tunes!
RJ