Premier 16s2 - Cap C1 upgrade

A nice place to sell, buy, and trade anything (without the fees). See something on sale at another site, talk about it here.
shark23235
Regular
Regular

Premier 16s2 - Cap C1 upgrade

Post by shark23235 »

I have my pre-amp listed. It's detailed on audiomart : https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649 ... ace-plate/

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649 ... ace-plate/

Listed price is.... negotiable yes.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Premier 16s2 - Cap C1 upgrade

Post by admin »

Very nice. I don't think I have ever seen a black front plate Premier 16. Probably not to many of those were ever produced.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Black is rare … and attractive. The only downside is the near impossibility of finding black CJ monoblocks to go with it.

But if you’re matching to other brands, black can be an advantage.

GLWS
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
shark23235
Regular
Regular

Post by shark23235 »

Hmmm.. I guess it is strange that CJ made a black pre-amp face-plate and not one for their amp(s).
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

I’ve seen, and owned, black face CJ amps. But they aren’t common, and the ones I’m familiar with were SS rather than tube.

The gold is a classic original era Marantz like look.

ARC makes both black and their signature natural finish.

My preference is for the CJ gold or the ARC natural, but if I had black in both, they would make a uniform appearance and might be preferred.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I owned a black faced CJ PF2 and PV-12AL. I think it's a good idea they are moving away from multi-colored face plates. "Champagne gold" is what the brand is know for. Brand recognition is important in this field (whether good or bad). Much like when you can tell a McIntosh from across the room without reading the label. There is a "signature look." Reinforcing that with CJ is good.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.