Anything you can hear or see.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

RIP Beautiful Lady

Post by AnotherJohnson »

86E12957-10B4-4E1D-8F59-D06F6FC75754.jpeg
86E12957-10B4-4E1D-8F59-D06F6FC75754.jpeg (3.39 MiB) Viewed 1670 times
Olivia Newton John passed away after a long battle with cancer.

I’m playing this LP for the first time in decades.

It’s well recorded for a Greatest Hits compilation, and she sang so sweetly.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: RIP Beautiful Lady

Post by AnotherJohnson »

I don’t know why, but this album from 1982 surfaced the other day when I was looking for something else. Instead of reburying it, I set at the front of a stack.

Tonight when I’d learned of her passing, I walked to the shelf, and there she was, waiting patiently.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Greatest Hits compilations on vinyl are often really variable in quality from cut to cut. This one is no exception. I thought Heart Attack and Magic were decent. Some others were mediocre.

But … she was the complete package. I’m sure the album was successful. As Physical played, the image imprinted on my memory of the accompanying video came into full color focus.
Joe Appierto
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by Joe Appierto »

Saw her a little over 20 years ago with a friend in Las Vegas. I wasn't that enthused but my friend was a fan of hers and as I saw her perform I was glad she'd gotten the tickets. The performance was quite nice as was ONJ -- a sweet lady.

The only album of hers that I have is The Rumour but like AJ, when I heard the news I played it in her honor.

Oppo BDP-105D and PSA DS DAC
Conrad Johnson CA200
MartinLogan EML
In-Akustik Exzellenz Cat 6 Ethernet and HDMI, Q-Audio IC and speaker cables, and Acrolink 6N P4030 power cords; PSA Duet PLC and Juice Bar, Oyaide R1 wall outlets
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Yeah, there were major tributes to her down unda... radio stations to news events plus side shows, get togethers and special gigs, it all went down.
Some were so saddened by her passing they were sobbing on radio... that's real inner passion for those who adored her. Even J Travolta was crying on radio! Anyway, she definitely was a hit, both in singing & movie scene.

Cheers to O N John!
RJ
Pops110
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by Pops110 »

She was a legend. I wasn’t much into her music , a little before my time but she seemed like such gentle soul.
When I was in my early 20’s I had just moved to Perth from a country town 400km north. We were big death metal fans at the time, and we were walking down the mall in town wearing our Doc’s and all our black gear, I think I had a Napalm Death T-shirt on. Low and behold we walk past ONJ and her daughter Chloe, my mate went all weak at the knees and said a very sheepish hello. She said hi gave us a wave and a little wink and on her way they both went.
My mate with a skinhead acting like a little schoolgirl. We were all pretty chuffed. RIP