MV-45 Help Needed

Got a problem? See if other members can help you out. Registered users can download schematics, manuals and pictures.
dumortier-us
Beginner
Beginner

MV-45 Help Needed

Post by dumortier-us »

I have an MV-45 that has decided to blow out one of it's components (resistor?) to a point where it is unrecognizable. Can someone help me identify the component and all suggest as to why it may have failed. A photo is attached showing the location of the failed parts indicated with a red sticker. I could also use a schematic if one is available.

Thanks - Joe in Virginia
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: MV-45 Help Needed

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Is the spot under the sticker? Or is it that capacitor over the spot? If it was under the sticker, can you take a picture of it?

FWIW, I’m sure Roberto will know.
Last edited by AnotherJohnson on Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You mean the capacitor in the center of the 2nd picture? Sorry, I'm having trouble identifying the damaged component?
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
dumortier-us
Beginner
Beginner

Post by dumortier-us »

Yes, it is the component that would be under the red sticker. It is either a resistor or capacitor, not sure as it was burned beyond recognition. Joe