Roberto's ET-7S2

Everything not even remotely related to CJ.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: Roberto's ET-7S2

Post by roberto »

Well, I just moved all my chips here. And less than 4 days I will have it here. But I just got an updated from my forwarder letting me know that the DHL company has a full freights and the queues of goods are big. They can not provide a shipping date due to many package ahead of mine.
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

What a nail biting experience. It will happen soon!
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

roberto wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:18 pm Well, I just moved all my chips here. And less than 4 days I will have it here. But I just got an updated from my forwarder letting me know that the DHL company has a full freights and the queues of goods are big. They can not provide a shipping date due to many package ahead of mine.
This was the exact excuse the freight company used for not delivering my speakers in a timely fashion. “The shipments come in, and they go into the queue. We deliver them in order. There are a lot of other shipments ahead of yours.”

Sometimes we have to play our chips here too.

😱
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

We have a saying here: S happens!

Well, I must be patient...and sooner I will have it with me. If I waited for it two months, another month will be only 1/3 of what I had expected. We have another saying: For bad weather, smile! (means: nothing you can do about it)...definitive worth every second of expect the BEST!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

International shipping is not for the weak of heart. Tracking is often horrible. It often takes a long time to clear customs. Buyers literally ask you to lie on the declarations form, calling expensive items “repair parts,” or to devalue $10k to $1k, reducing the duty. Many, including me, won’t do this. But a third party forwarder/exporter can do as they’ve found works for them.

AJ, the Internet does not allow you to bring the price at a much lower price. It is very easy to know the cost of any good. The retail price is always in the reviews. Ebay has used prices...definitively you can't. If I get caught here, I have to pay 5 times more the taxes and my name will enter into a customs black list. Not so good to do that.

Perhaps in other countries it might be ok, but not here in Costa Rica.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Of course not.

But it does happen to sellers here who do international sales.

In fact it happens even for trades.

I’ve shipped stuff in trade to the EU and have been asked to disassemble and declare it as parts.

So … I know you wouldn’t do that, and neither would Jeff.

But you can bet that it comes up with some.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

AnotherJohnson wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:21 pm I’ve shipped stuff in trade to the EU and have been asked to disassemble and declare it as parts.
Wait, what? Are you serious?
-admin
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Yes.

Admin, you really do need to get out more. 🤣🤣🤣
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

AnotherJohnson wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:56 pm Yes.

Admin, you really do need to get out more. 🤣🤣🤣
Apparently so! The only thing I would disassemble for shipping is a Lego set!
-admin
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

The incentive for the folks in the destination country is that the duty is often as much as 100% of the declared value.

So they think of ways to lower the declared value.

I received something worth about $400 from the UK once. Out of force of habit, the seller declared the value to be $25.

I was angry. You can’t declare $25 on customs and then insure for $400. If there’s a loss, you’re going to be paid the $25.

The declaration doesn’t have much impact here unless it gets up in the $10k range. It may be different now. No tax on incoming items until you’ve imported over the current limit.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Ha! Nice one on dismantling the Lego... Admin.

Robbo mate, hang in there bud shouldn't be long. Eventually when you get it, all will be worth the wait. Cheers maties, and let us know how it adds a new dimension into your existing system.

Best, RJ
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Big Dog RJ wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:45 am Ha! Nice one on dismantling the Lego... Admin.

Robbo mate, hang in there bud shouldn't be long. Eventually when you get it, all will be worth the wait. Cheers maties, and let us know how it adds a new dimension into your existing system.

Best, RJ
Thanks RJ...I am in a truly limbo. My forwarder tried to help me out with this, and she said that she did her best to have it in the first of the rod, and I do believe her. She had done this for me before...the pre is not now in her hands...it is on FEDEX hands and you know Fedex.

Thanks for your concern...

A big hug from Costa Rica, RJ.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Today the preamp went at last to customs...I will be able to have it with me tomorrow late afternoon...I am so exited that I'm going to have a good scotch watching some tv tonight with the wife and have a good sleep. My anxiety is gone at last.

Thanks for all the confort and help. I will keep you posted with my findings too. Two months without listening to a qualify preamp, my ears are open as a big beautiful orchid. I can't wait...

Happy listening!
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

That’s great! Enjoy!

I just finished a doppio and am listening to Kenny Burrell. Might be a late night. 😁
image.jpg
image.jpg (3.49 MiB) Viewed 6391 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.15 MiB) Viewed 6391 times
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

I love the fingering of Kenny. His a great musician. Also the surrounded musicians with him are great too,

Happy listening¡
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

I have both, cd and LP. Through my Holo May Kte vs Blackbird Sumiko Low Output cartridge, mmmm it's a difficult decision. Both have a different charm...it is a shame that CTI records are no longer in business. I love the artists in that hallmark brand. Another label is ECM and it is still in production. No commercial music is here.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

roberto wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:06 pm Today the preamp went at last to customs...I will be able to have it with me tomorrow late afternoon...I am so exited that I'm going to have a good scotch watching some tv tonight with the wife and have a good sleep. My anxiety is gone at last.

Thanks for all the confort and help. I will keep you posted with my findings too. Two months without listening to a qualify preamp, my ears are open as a big beautiful orchid. I can't wait...

Happy listening!
Finally the finish line is in sight. Wonderful. Tomorrow is going to be a great day!
-admin
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

roberto wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:04 pm I have both, cd and LP. Through my Holo May Kte vs Blackbird Sumiko Low Output cartridge, mmmm it's a difficult decision. Both have a different charm...it is a shame that CTI records are no longer in business. I love the artists in that hallmark brand. Another label is ECM and it is still in production. No commercial music is here.
I have vinyl and cd too. Of course the vinyl album cover is much larger, hence more graphically interesting to me.

I put this into the Levinson 5101 on repeat to warm up the system up after dinner.

Right now I’ve moved on to the Copland/ASO, this time on CD. The dynamic range is a good test. Interestingly, the digital mass strings don’t seem so strident tonight.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Changing for good!!!
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

admin wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:05 pm
roberto wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:06 pm Today the preamp went at last to customs...I will be able to have it with me tomorrow late afternoon...I am so exited that I'm going to have a good scotch watching some tv tonight with the wife and have a good sleep. My anxiety is gone at last.

Happy listening!
Finally the finish line is in sight. Wonderful. Tomorrow is going to be a great day!
Yup!!! Tomorrow is the day. As you can see, my chips here did make a difference. Today arrived, and same day is out of customs! My forwarder will delivered to my door at the end of the afternoon or maybe sooner. Thanks admin!!!