Genalex 6922

A nice place to sell, buy, and trade anything (without the fees). See something on sale at another site, talk about it here.
Joe Appierto
Pro Master
Pro Master

Genalex 6922

Post by Joe Appierto »

I have three pairs plus a single Genalex 6922. I bought these about 10 years ago from Jim McShane and used the pairs in a Pr. 16LS2 and the single as the input tube on a Pr. 140. They have less than 50 hours on them as they were run just long enough to make sure they were okay and to hear how they sounded.

Measurements as follows:
Pair 1: 26.6/26.6 and 26.1/26.8
Pair 2: 27.3/26.4 and 27.9/26.0
Pair 3: 28.3/27.1 and 26.7/28.9
Single: 27.8/29.4

$80/pair, $40/single + shipping via USPS Priority Mail.

Photos available if you send me your e-mail address.
Oppo BDP-105D and PSA DS DAC
Conrad Johnson CA200
MartinLogan EML
In-Akustik Exzellenz Cat 6 Ethernet and HDMI, Q-Audio IC and speaker cables, and Acrolink 6N P4030 power cords; PSA Duet PLC and Juice Bar, Oyaide R1 wall outlets
Joe Appierto
Pro Master
Pro Master

Re: Genalex 6922

Post by Joe Appierto »

For whatever reason I can't figure out how to edit the original post.

In any event, pair #1 has been sold.
Conrad Johnson CA200
MartinLogan EML
In-Akustik Exzellenz Cat 6 Ethernet and HDMI, Q-Audio IC and speaker cables, and Acrolink 6N P4030 power cords; PSA Duet PLC and Juice Bar, Oyaide R1 wall outlets
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Joe Appierto wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:51 pm For whatever reason I can't figure out how to edit the original post.

In any event, pair #1 has been sold.
I’ve had trouble editing too. Also trouble logging in.

Congratulations on getting rid of a bit of clutter. 😁
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
Joe Appierto
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by Joe Appierto »

Thank you. 1 pair down, 2 to go plus the single. Little by little. :)
Conrad Johnson CA200
MartinLogan EML
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

AnotherJohnson wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:52 pm
I’ve had trouble editing too. Also trouble logging in.
I recently made some changes to the settings for editing. It should allow for edits for 30 minutes and then it locks the post.

As for logging in, I am going to be changing some settings this weekend. There may be an issue if you go to "conradjohnsonowners.com" and not "www.conradjohnsowners.com" and your start a new session. It will ask for you to log in again. Not sure if this is the issue you were having?

Any website issues can be reported here: https://www.conradjohnsonowners.com/viewforum.php?f=27
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

My phone suggests the website when I enter the first letter based on my history.
T fills in tmraudio.com
Z fills in Zillow.com
U fills in upscaleaudio.com
C fills In conradjohnsonowners.com

Etc.

If I want conradjohnson.com, or ups.com, I have to fill it in to the dot myself.

The double login isn’t a huge issue because the username and password are also auto fill after face recognition.

It probably makes it harder on bots. I’m all for that.

As for editing after the post, it is nice to be able to add something based on new info that has come to light. For example before I got seriously engaged with ARC gear, there were things that I thought were general characteristics that turned out to really be model specific. The evolution of their power tube bias routines is one such issue.

But I understand the time limiting concept. I’ve seen the time limit idea activated when angry members decide to delete all their content and decimate the forum. I think the nature of CJ camaraderie precludes this, but you never know.

Nearly 30 years ago when the concept of a forum that could be used for teaching was pretty new, Phillip Greenspun, an MIT graduate student, created photo.net. I was one of the first bold enough to answer questions (still in the film era). Eventually, when the Hero member class was created, I was in the first group. In any event, Phillip went on to found ARS Digital, and a wide range of other creative enterprises. One of his biggest annoyances for his forum concept was the phenomenon of broken links. I think editing long after the fact is probably similarly aggravating. You have to balance continuous firmness of content against correctness of content.

Sigh ….

😁
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'm going to make some configuration changes so let's see if the website address issue resolves by next week. Currently if you have the "www." in front of the address it should remember everything.

I am open to changing editing options here on CJO based on user feedback. The current 30 minute limit was to give people an opportunity to go back and edit spelling mistakes or other edits, but ideally keep the conversation permanent. But again, this website is for you guys so if there is consensus to change the current permissions, I am open to it.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

My mother used to say “You can’t please everyone, so you might as well please the ones that agree with you.”

From my point of view, I’m perfectly happy if you set it up to please yourself. 😁

We’re very fortunate that you’ve created this sand box. It’s a great resource for CJ aficionados and aspirants.
Joe Appierto
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by Joe Appierto »

7/7/22 UPDATE: All three pairs have been sold but the single remains.

I also have a matched pair of 1963 Amperex 6DJ8 from the Heerlen plant for $100 including shipping. Triode measurements are 8500/9250 and 9750/9250. Photos available if you PM me your e-mail address. Thanks.
Conrad Johnson CA200
MartinLogan EML