banana plug speaker cable to screw amp terminal

From tubes to solid state.
mpw
Regular
Regular

banana plug speaker cable to screw amp terminal

Post by mpw »

I have an old but good CJ MV-45 amp. I also have some Nordest speaker wire that has banana plugs.
The question is: what is the way that I can convert the banana plugs to bare wire to connect to the amp without
taking off the banana plugs as these Nordest have many fine wires connected to the plug. of course this old CJ has screw
type connectors to the amp.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: banana plug speaker cable to screw amp terminal

Post by admin »

I would probably just get a banana to spade adapter. I probably would not risk ruining the speaker cable by trying to remove or cut the banana plug off.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
mpw
Regular
Regular

Post by mpw »

Yes, I agree. I am not sure of the size of the MV-45 screw to get the correct spade ??
Joe Appierto
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by Joe Appierto »

Something like this limits your financial exposure to $9.95. If you find the spades are a bit too wide then a little gentle pressure with needle nose pliers to crimp the ends closer together may work. There are a bunch of these type adapters on the market some with thicker spade ends and others thinner so perhaps easier to bend if need be.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/313407251252?_ ... %3A2047675
Oppo BDP-105D and PSA DS DAC
Conrad Johnson CA200
MartinLogan EML
In-Akustik Exzellenz Cat 6 Ethernet and HDMI, Q-Audio IC and speaker cables, and Acrolink 6N P4030 power cords; PSA Duet PLC and Juice Bar, Oyaide R1 wall outlets
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Hola mp3,

I agreed with Joe and Admin. The converter is a great solution. Joe is showing the right one. There are too big and thick spades connectors and these ones won't fit into the speaker's screw.

While setting the converters into the screws, watch for have them secured in a way of putting them without touching one to another.

Happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.