Marantz Ruby Series look like they’re being closed out

Amps, preamps, speakers, cables, and any other Non-CJ products.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Marantz Ruby Series look like they’re being closed out

Post by AnotherJohnson »

The SA-KI and PM-KI Ruby models (SACD/CD/DAC and integrated amp respectively) are now being advertised for $2999 each instead of their initial $3999 msrp.

Since these were limited editions and Ken Ishiwata’s last project before his death, it looks like they’re closing them out.

I have owned three SA-KIs and two PM-KIs. The samples I owned were consistently good.

The SA-KI remains at the top of my list for its genre. I have one in my main system. The PM-KI was very nice in isolation, but was a lesser performer than my CA150 + TEA2MAX HG in direct comparison. At $2999 though, it could be very nice compared to many other options.

So … if you’ve wondered about the Ruby series, or if you’ve admired Ken Ishiwata’s work, it seems like good deals may be possible. I can personally rave about the SA-KI as a CD and SACD player. The reviews gave its resident DAC high marks too.

One thing to keep in mind is that it is single ended (RCA only. No XLR). This shouldn’t bother CJ owners since CJ is also single ended.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.