Premier 350SA For Sale

A nice place to sell, buy, and trade anything (without the fees). See something on sale at another site, talk about it here.
gregborowski
Advanced
Advanced

Premier 350SA For Sale

Post by gregborowski »

Hello, I have posted my Premier 350SA for sale on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154767725160

Asking $4995 + $200 shipping on eBay, but open to a reasonable offer from a fellow CJO here.
IMG_5560.jpeg
IMG_5560.jpeg (270.97 KiB) Viewed 1085 times
IMG_5566.jpeg
IMG_5566.jpeg (269.32 KiB) Viewed 1085 times
Its still in use and sounds fantastic. It was serviced by CJ about 5 months ago - not exactly sure what they did but was done so by original owner prior to sale. A few nicks on the edge of the faceplate and light scratches on case side / back / top but overall excellent.

I have the original box for safe shipping.

Reply or message if interested!
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: Premier 350SA For Sale

Post by AnotherJohnson »

GLWS.

You should sell yours before the guy who’s asking $6750.

It’s a great amp. Several of us consider it to be the best CJ solid state amp of all time. It is certainly the most powerful amp of any kind that CJ has ever produced by a large margin.

Just a thought … it outclasses the A400s by orders of magnitude. You might want to hang onto the amp and consider more worthy speakers. The Premier 350SA is a true bucket list collectible. Having one that was factory restored in 2021 would seem like a Holy Grail for anyone wanting solid state.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
gregborowski
Advanced
Advanced

Post by gregborowski »

Truer words have rarely been spoken. What speakers would be worthy to be paired with such a solid state masterpiece?
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

You could literally choose anything you wanted. This amp will drive even the most difficult of loads.

Many here, including me, like Martin Logan’s Masterpiece Series. Even the Classic 9 at the low end is exceptionally good. The CLX is a favorite of some.

Other electrostatics are also popular, including Quads and Maggies.

I also like the Revel line. Harman Kardan’s dealer margins are generous, so a good shopper might negotiate a nice price. I am enjoying the F228Be myself. The Salon models are nice too. A nice budget floorstander is the F208.

B&W has some nice offerings. Golden Ear too. The Triton Reference is priced at the same level as the F228Be.

Personally I prefer models without onboard amps (many in the Martin Logan line and the Triton Reference have amps).

Of course there are also KEF, Harbeth, Dyneaudio, Sonus Faber, Wilson, and many others.

You might enjoy spending some time listening at a high end audio dealer to see what you might like and to get some idea about budget. I’m not a speaker snob. There are many good options from several companies in the $5k to $12k msrp range, and used or well bought new prices could be $3k to $8k. Of course you can spend as much as you are willing. Wilson has nothing in the sub $15k category, and the sky’s the limit. I’ve listened many times and they’re not worth it to me … but somebody buys them. It’s nice to have choices.

One problem right now is availability. Lots of companies are having trouble getting their products to the marketplace, so that’s another reason to go to a dealer and see what is actually available.
gregborowski
Advanced
Advanced

Post by gregborowski »

Thank you for the suggestions! I (almost) always prefer pre-owned to avoid the sharpest part of the depreciation curve, but if I had a chance to really sit with a new pair that might change my approach. There's a couple of places in the Buffalo area. I will see if they will let me bring the 350 to demo a few. You're right, I shouldn't sell it!
gregborowski
Advanced
Advanced

Post by gregborowski »

Also, just a plug for the BA400s. They are really underrated, probably because of how much power they take to bring them truly to life and most people probably heard them with under 200 WPC driving them. With the 350, its 600 WPC into the 4 ohm speakers and that's what it takes. They are a difficult load but sing spectacularly with gobs of power. I had previously bi-amped them with a pair of Krell KAV-250 amps and that's what it takes, but I found Krell to be a little harsh. The 350 is a great match for them musically, but could probably be better suited with a more elegant speaker.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Well, you are right about my lack of understanding of the Boston Acoustics. I owned some of their smaller offerings when the first came out in the 70’s, but have not thought of them as dabbling in the high end.

I love the biamped Krell strategy, especially vertical biamping.

But what I found was that the Krells handled really difficult loads, right up until they self destructed. The Krells could deliver a gajillion Watts into a short … but not without weakening. Mine ended up going back to CT too many times to suit me. YMMV.

FWIW, there are a lot of great speakers that do not present ugly reactive loads. I’ve decided that the lack of electrical drama is a good thing as long as musical drama isn’t obfuscated.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

I hear you on buying used. The problem with speakers is the shipping.

The Music Room in Erie, CO is a good source for used gear, including speakers. They are honest, reliable, and fair … both for buying AND for selling. My experiences with them have all been positive.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

FWIW, my MF 2550 SE was capable of driving as well as biamped Krells, and the P350 is reportedly even better.

The P350 was a no holds barred design.

But I’m so satisfied with my LP275Ms, that I have no incentive to go back to SS. JF told me when I bought them that they should satisfy me for a lifetime, and so far he has been right on this, and every other bit of advice he’s offered. He’s said the ART series are even better … but for my purposes, the LP275Ms are enough.

I’ve pretty much decided that 250+ wpc is sort of the minimum price of admission, but that’s another ymmv kind of opinion.
Rgottsch
New User
New User

Post by Rgottsch »

Is this still available?
gregborowski
Advanced
Advanced

Post by gregborowski »

PM me if you are interested.
N2siast
New User
New User

Post by N2siast »

not able to reach you via PM
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

N2siast wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:10 pm not able to reach you via PM
You should be able to now. Welcome to CJO.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

This showed back up on eBay this week, so it’s probably available unless someone scarfed it up.

Here’s the new link.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Conrad-Johnson ... 632-2357-0
gregborowski
Advanced
Advanced

Post by gregborowski »

Admin, not sure if you archive these, but the 350 has been sold. Thank you!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congrats on the sale!

I keep the topics open for two reasons. First, listings can sometimes have other information about the units that users may benefit from in the future. Second, sometimes there is pricing info which can help with determining market value for potential buyers/sellers.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.