Tube dampers

Do It Yourself - everything from building your own hardware to room
treatments.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: Tube dampers

Post by AnotherJohnson »

After 15 years of abuse in Costa Rica, no one knows where those dampers came from, or how the equipment had been maintained. All that is known is that the unit came to Bobby because it was broken. A casual observer can tell that it came in as a roach. ARC are not, and never have been, a bunch of morons.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Abuse? I don't think so. These O-rings came with the ARC new goods inside their carton box. They were supposed to last forever, but the material with the years of used, did change due to the temperature of the original tubes and they did melt with the age. Many ARC users in other countries, including USA got the same problem. These o-rings came from the ARC factory in the 90s and were made of clear silicone.
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

roberto wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:01 am Abuse? I don't think so. These O-rings came with the ARC new goods inside their carton box. They were supposed to last forever, but the material with the years of used, did change due to the temperature of the original tubes and they did melt with the age. Many ARC users in other countries, including USA got the same problem. These o-rings came from the ARC factory in the 90s and were made of clear silicone.
There is no way to know the origin of those specific O-Rings.

They are not marked with serial numbers, they do not come with certificates of authenticity, and by definition tubes that have been left in a device until they look like those have been participatory in the abuse of the gear.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

With much respect, Parlatec was the representative of ARC since late 80s to 2015. I worked with Mr James Saxon selling and also servicing ARC.
These silicone transparent o-rings came inside the factory sealed carton box in a white little box. These o/ rings were supplied by ARC, believed or not.
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.