Premier 15?

The PV-1 to now...
arnel
Frequent User
Frequent User

Premier 15?

Post by arnel »

Surprised I haven’t seen much said about this phono pre. Are they really rare? I know a guy willing to sell me one. It is the series 2 version. Also can’t find a whole lot of info about the s2 version. Anyone know about it?
Joe Appierto
Pro Master
Pro Master

Re: Premier 15?

Post by Joe Appierto »

I'm not familiar with it personally but here's a review from 5/31/2004 in 10audio in case you haven't seen it before.http://www.10audio.com/cj_prem15-2.htm
Oppo BDP-105D and PSA DS DAC
Conrad Johnson CA200
MartinLogan EML
In-Akustik Exzellenz Cat 6 Ethernet and HDMI, Q-Audio IC and speaker cables, and Acrolink 6N P4030 power cords; PSA Duet PLC and Juice Bar, Oyaide R1 wall outlets
arnel
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by arnel »

Thanks! I must’ve missed that one in my search. Looks like it’s a high quality unit.
Joe Appierto
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by Joe Appierto »

It's been a long time since I read it but I did remember that the reviewer/web master gave it his highest rating.
Oppo BDP-105D and PSA DS DAC
Conrad Johnson CA200
MartinLogan EML
In-Akustik Exzellenz Cat 6 Ethernet and HDMI, Q-Audio IC and speaker cables, and Acrolink 6N P4030 power cords; PSA Duet PLC and Juice Bar, Oyaide R1 wall outlets
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

You can't go wrong with any of CJ's Premier standard gear. They're all built on very high standards, using the best in quality parts at the time, along with rock solid power supplies that deliver high current. This added to simple signal paths and single gain stages. With CJ's latest offerings, nothing has improved significantly other than further adding the highest possible quality parts alongside the shortest signal paths, so basically further refined circuitry.

CJ's Premier line is still in a top league, and can out-perform many others brands' top lines, even those costing several times more. As long as the unit is upto full spec and in top condition, you've got nothing to worry. Probably a general check-up would be good just for peace of mind.

The Prem15 is a fine phono-preamp! Just make sure you partner it with an equally top quality TT / analog rig, plus your pre & power amplifiers are upto par... Then, you won't be disappointed.

Cheers, and enjoy those fine tunes!
RJ