Fuse holder in IEC power receptacle

From tubes to solid state.
SteveFord
Master Apprentice
Master Apprentice

Fuse holder in IEC power receptacle

Post by SteveFord »

I give up, what's the trick to getting this out of the MF 2275?
It's only plastic, I don't want to destroy it.
Joe Appierto
Pro Master
Pro Master

Re: Fuse holder in IEC power receptacle

Post by Joe Appierto »

Place your finger nail on the top center of the tray, dig in slightly and pop it out. If it's anything like the other CJ IEC fuse receptacles it slides out but does not fully detach.
Oppo BDP-105D and PSA DS DAC
Conrad Johnson CA200
MartinLogan EML
In-Akustik Exzellenz Cat 6 Ethernet and HDMI, Q-Audio IC and speaker cables, and Acrolink 6N P4030 power cords; PSA Duet PLC and Juice Bar, Oyaide R1 wall outlets
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I've used tiny flathead screwdrivers to do this. Not the regular sized ones but something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Screwdriver-Prec ... B07QYL9KJT
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
SteveFord
Master Apprentice
Master Apprentice

Post by SteveFord »

Thanks, I popped it out.
I think that one was designed by a moonlighting Moto Guzzi employee.
Joe Appierto
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by Joe Appierto »

It might have been. But then the same guy must've done some work for Quad because my 989 speakers had the same kind of pop-out fuse holders on their IEC connections, too. :)

Glad you were able to get them out. That small screwdriver that Admin suggested is what I use to then get the 5mm x 20mm fuses out of the tray.
Oppo BDP-105D and PSA DS DAC
Conrad Johnson CA200
MartinLogan EML
In-Akustik Exzellenz Cat 6 Ethernet and HDMI, Q-Audio IC and speaker cables, and Acrolink 6N P4030 power cords; PSA Duet PLC and Juice Bar, Oyaide R1 wall outlets
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

In the last decade, the fine folks at Mandello del Lario
(https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandello_del_Lario)
have proven to have much smarter employees… probably owing to a purge of the grappa sucking gold bricks of the prior 20 years, and their six thumbed ancestors from the sixties forward.

Moto Guzzi was a proud and successful marque up until the mid to late 50’s. Most of us today only remember their history from the mid 60’s through the first decade of the Piaggio era … a history that included their fabled “Post Production Owner Led Research & Development Program.” VPI Turntables bought the rights to this about ten years ago. If you don’t believe me, look at their forum.

Did some slip into positions at CJ? I doubt it. Maybe on the loading dock, but not in parts selection.

For good or bad, Guzzi today lives up to its alias The Harley Davidson of Italy. That can be taken as good OR bad. But in the last decade they’ve done a much better job in both design and quality control. Reliability is high according to my dealer friends. Service is well defined. And Piaggio has finally figured out that parts for the left side do not go into bags marked with right side part numbers.

My 2016 Norge is my favorite ST type bike ever, and my list includes Triumphs, Hondas, Kawasaki’s, Yamaha’s, BMWs, and probably a few others.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
SteveFord
Master Apprentice
Master Apprentice

Post by SteveFord »

I was married to my first wife in a Moto Guzzi dealership and took the honeymoon up the Blue Ridge Parkway on a LeMans and then later on I purchased a Guzzi dealership. I can rebuild those things in my sleep.
One of my buddies has a Norge, he had all sorts of problems at first but I guess they got it all squared away under Warranty. Something with the ABS brakes screwing up or maybe the ECU, it's been a while.

That new water cooled one looks really interesting:
https://www.roadrider.com.au/bike/moto- ... id-cooled/
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

I had the first modern MY (2007) Norge in 2007.

It genuinely s*cked.

I have the last MY (2016) now. It’s a great bike.

They finally got it right around 2014 … and then discontinued the model after the 2016 MY. Of course it took until 2018 to clear the inventory.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

A guy I often ride with owns a MG (in addition to a Ducati and Kawasaki). It's a beautiful bike. That Italian styling is a site to behold. Rides well too (I've borrowed it for a short ride before).
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

I missed your link to the V100. We’ve been waiting for this one too.

It does look interesting… a step forward to meet ever more stringent emissions rules.

Rule number 1 … never buy any new model in its first year.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

And Rule No 2: apply Rule No 1.

Happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
SteveFord
Master Apprentice
Master Apprentice

Post by SteveFord »

You guys are so right about Rules #1 and 2!
I believe my buddy's Norge was the first year as I had a Buell XB9 Firebolt at the time and only had that for a few years.
WIth Michelin tires on the Firebolt you could change lines in mid-corner to hit a piece of gum stuck to the pavement.
Motor could have used a Ducati engine stuck in there!

What made me think of Moto Guzzi with that fuse holder was it required a special tool (jewler's screwdriver) to pop the cover off.
I must have had 80 pounds of factory tools but they were made to last a lifetime, no junk from them!

Remember Laverda? Massimo Laverda gave an interview and he said Italian manfacturing only has two flavors: the best you can get or the worst you can get, there's no inbetween.
I'm thinking they used the good stuff on that new Guzzi, they have the financial backing and they sure took their time with it.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Another Italian (Eraldo Ferracci) https://www.ferracci.com/pages/about-us ,

in an interview with Kevin Cameron, once noted that the biggest issue in Italian manufacturing was tolerancing.

The racing machines he developed could be made fast, but they required a lot of post delivery hand fitting.

The Japanese stuff was far more uniform.

The chief engineer of Ford’s Engine Division 30 years ago told me that it was the same for Chrysler, Ford, GM vs the Japanese. The Japanese had much more uniform parts quality. They took Edward Demming seriously. We did not.
SteveFord
Master Apprentice
Master Apprentice

Post by SteveFord »

I just found out Eraldo Ferraci is still alive.
Somebody told me a few years that he was gone but they meant he sold his dealership, not that he was dead!
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

I thought he’d died when he closed shop too … but discovered the same as you.

It looks like someone has bought his legacy and is resurrecting it.

Before Eraldo closed the business, I had a friend in New England who would buy some of his more expensive projects. Six figure bikes. The trips to Ferracci were like going to Oz.