CJ MF2550SE / Classic 120SE / Classic 62SE for Sonus Faber Liuto Wood Floorstander

Discuss and chat about all things Conrad Johnson.
AEL
Regular
Regular

Re: CJ MF2550SE / Classic 120SE / Classic 62SE for Sonus Faber Liuto Wood Floorstander

Post by AEL »

Hi RJ,
Thanks again. I’m hoping to get one very soon.🤞
And can’t wait to listening to it in my system.
I will definitely keep all posted once I get my CJ amp.

Thanks again all for all your advice, it has assisted me in making my decision easier.

Have a good day everyone.

Regards
AEL
Regular
Regular

Re: CJ MF2550SE / Classic 120SE / Classic 62SE for Sonus Faber Liuto Wood Floorstander

Post by AEL »

Hi all,
Just a quick update. With the help of RJ, I managed to get a good deal on a practically good deal on the CJ Classic 62SE. Looking forward to receiving it soon.
Thanks everyone for your help.

😁😁😁😁😁
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Congratulations Ael, the 62SE is a wonderful power amp. You can't go wrong with it. Good decision.

Happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That's great AEL. When you get it all set up maybe you can post a picture and let us know what you think of the sound?
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Ah! That's a very nice combination Ael,
The PV15 and Classic 62se, you'll find more detail and great depth in soundstage from this particular pre-power combination.
Don't forget to swap those speaker leads at the speaker ends on both channels for absolute phase.

A small tip on biasing the output tubes:
1. Set the volume level on the preamp to zero.

2. Turn the bias adjustment screws for each output tube clockwise until the red LED comes on.

3. Then turn back anti-clockwise until the LED just goes off. Do this for all four output tubes.

4. Make a final further turn anticlockwise on each bias adjust but a very minor turn. Almost feel it in your fingers, a very slight twitch/ turn anticlockwise.

This will ensure further life on the output tubes and control the required bias current in the long term. The associated LEDs won't light up/ flicker that often even during loud passages. This means the output tubes are just cruising along... which is a good thing.

Upon powering up the Classic 62se for the first time, sometimes the LEDs may light up without you ever adjusting... if thus is the case just wait for 2 - 3 minutes until the output tubes have reached a optimal bias state. Then follow step 3 & 4 as listed above, this should set a controlled bias (idle current) for each output tube.

Now, just sit back and enjoy those fine tunes!
Best, RJ
AEL
Regular
Regular

Post by AEL »

Hi All,
Quick update, hopefully I should be receiving my amp tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Roberto, thanks mate, based on what I’ve read and heard from you guys, I sure it’s going to sound good.

Admin, will definitely post a pic here.

RJ, thanks for the tips. Will contact you if I have any questions.

Thanks again.
AEL
Regular
Regular

Post by AEL »

Hi guys, I finally got the CJ Classic 62SE a few weeks ago and loving it. Trying to attach a picture now. Hopefully this works. Thanks again for all info you provided which help me in making this decision.
Hope the picture appears.

Adrian
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.73 MiB) Viewed 1295 times
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Hola Adrian,

I just love mine, and I do know that you will have years ahead of quality sound too. Congratulations with your new power amplifier!

Happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Always it is wise to have at least on hand one power KT-120 and one 6922 (E88CC). The Classic 62SE is a great sounding power amplifier.

Happy listening!
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Oh, I forgot to ask you a little review of it...can you do that for us? Just tell us if you are hearing new things, and how the amp drives your speakers. Your system looks splendid!.

Happy listening!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Looks great. I'm with roberto, would love to hear your thoughts on the sound.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Nice one matey!

With that particular combo, you'll be enjoying all your favourite music in the most natural form, without having fancy circuitry or added artificial enhancements. CJ is all about the shortest - simplest - signal paths with high quality parts, and this is the price we pay. So it's truly worth it!

You'll also begin to realise just how good those SF speakers are, the higher quality gear you drive them with, the better they sound. Also love the Manley phono-preamp, solid build, another type of company that believes in simple and well executed circuits.

The Classic 62se will shift gears especially after a few more hours of running those Teflons and metal foils...
It's definitely a fair step up from the Rouge gear. You'll probably notice that by now, wait till it gets to around the 100hr mark, best is yet to come.

Also the Classic 62se rated moderately at 60w/ch rms, will sound a lot more than just 60w... These tube amplifiers from CJ have a certain Class A bias rating before they switch into Class AB. Therefore, when levels are adjusted very finely, similar to a camera lense where everything falls into focus, you'll never really require that much power. It all depends on speaker efficiency impedence load and room size. Once you match those parameters with the right power amplifier/s, all else fits in perfectly!

Well done mate, enjoy those fine tunes!
This deserves a mighty big WOOF!!!
Cheers, RJ
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

The power of any Conrad Johnson amp, the specs are in RMS. RMS is root mean square. This is, with an oscilloscope you take the pick value of the half wave and multiply this value for the √2/2=0.707 constant value. if you measure 10 Volts = 7.07V RMS value. So, there is a lot of headroom with those 60 Watts.

Just doing some remembers back at the school days...

Happy listening!