Tell us who you are. Old veteran, young newbie, just passing by, or here
to stay!
DECO_WKSHOP
Regular
Regular

Hello

Post by DECO_WKSHOP »

Hello All,

I was given details of this Forum by CJ themselves upon requesting Service Info on an older Model.

I work in the Repair Dept of a UK based Audio Retailer and have been repairing Hi-Fi for over 30 years.
My previous place of employment started doing more AV Amps and TV's and eventually I was made redundant. I have been at my current position for 7 years now doing just Hi-Fi and more of the higher end of the market.

Best wishes to everyone,

James.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello

Post by admin »

Hi James,
Welcome to CJO. Great to have somebody with your experience and knowledge part of our community. Interesting to hear that CJ is recommending people to the site. I'm glad to hear that. Again, welcome to our community.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Hola James and welcome,

Good to know that you can help us to grow even better.

Welcome again!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

G'day James,
Welcome to CJO!

I wonder if you could help out Vivi trying to revive her vintage system that comprises of some classic gear...

I'm sure she'll benefit very much from your knowledge. Actually we could all benefit from your wealth of repair know gathered over three decades!

Hope it goes well.
Cheers, RJ
DECO_WKSHOP
Regular
Regular

Post by DECO_WKSHOP »

Big Dog RJ wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:39 amI wonder if you could help out Vivi trying to revive her vintage system that comprises of some classic gear...
If you can point me in the direction of the Thread I'll gladly have a read and see if there's any advice I can give.

James
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

DECO_WKSHOP wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:07 am
Big Dog RJ wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:39 amI wonder if you could help out Vivi trying to revive her vintage system that comprises of some classic gear...
If you can point me in the direction of the Thread I'll gladly have a read and see if there's any advice I can give.

James
https://www.conradjohnsonowners.com/vie ... f=5&t=2007

It's a few pages long but worth the read. She is trying to get her late husbands system back up and running. Really a touching story.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Yes certainly James, her post is directly under yours! Under the Member Presentation thread... it's the second one just after your post that is titled Hello.

Her one is titled Meet Vivi... and runs for a few pages.
It's pretty impressive how she has managed to revive a vintage setup and is now quite familiar with most of the terminology. I think that's a great achievement. Ha! My Mrs wouldn't even bother with this nonsense. She'll probably pile it all up and set fire to it! I'd still love her though.

Cheers James,
Have a good one mate
RJ
DECO_WKSHOP
Regular
Regular

Post by DECO_WKSHOP »

I just remembered that I'd forgotten to mention I'm in the UK.

J
tkrishnam@gmail.com
New User
New User

Post by tkrishnam@gmail.com »

Hello James
I am a C J Amp owner.
Is it possible to know where your service is based and how to access you , if i need help.
Thank You
KM
tkrishnam@gmail.com