no answer at CJ ?

Discuss and chat about all things Conrad Johnson.
JLD
Beginner
Beginner

no answer at CJ ?

Post by JLD »

Blew a fuse / Output tube and only getting an hours of operation message at the office. They closed up ?
jac559
Beginner
Beginner

Re: no answer at CJ ?

Post by jac559 »

Looks like their website is down as well. Not a good sign.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

The web site looks like they need to renew their security certificate. Nothing more than that.

As for the phone, it is not uncommon for the phone to go to voicemail or to be unattended.

This is true for most small companies, especially during these difficult times.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yeah, I wouldn't make too much of this right now. I can tell you from experience that running a website doesn't always go smoothly. :)

As for the phones, who knows with COVID going on right now? I think there would have been some announcement if they were shutting down.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

It would be a surprise if they shut down. Last I heard from the horse’s mouth was that 2020 had been a better year for orders than 2019.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Yes correct!
There are delays in responding, and when you compare countries, Aussies were fuming up in arms for having extended lockdowns... especially in Victoria where Melbourne just opened up only last week. Now we finally seem to be on track, controlling this nasty bug somehow but look at the US & Uk, absolute disaster! Far too many cases to deal with, only a viable vaccine is in order.

Same goes with CJ HQ, it took nearly a year to get the final parts ordered for the SE upgrade, and still waiting for the amplifiers to be shipped out... 5-6 weeks according to our importer, I'm suspecting around 10 weeks the most.

What to do, I guess if something is worthwhile might as well wait it out.
Cheers, RJ
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

It’s pretty much business as usual here. I am at the local Ford dealer waiting for my truck service. Things are pretty much normal. We have no lock down or health care crisis.

If you watch the FAKE news, you’d think we were all going to die tomorrow. Secret - we are all going to die. One at a time, and in proper order.

Nuff said ... but Virginia and the DC area are subject to left wing spin, and CJ may be in a lockdown area.

Sit back, be safe, be sane ... and aspire to stay free.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

They must have paid the “ransom” to renew their security certificate because the web site is fully functional this morning.

Internet gossip and speculation about the fate of people or companies is not helpful and does more harm than can be argued for the good.

I have talked with these small American entrepreneurs at various audiophile oriented companies on numerous occasions, and they feel the negativity of the gossip and speculation, most of it driven by impatient people who, like Veruka Salt, “WANT IT NOW.”

If you want to find out that no one answers the phone, call any large company and enjoy the absurd path of their phone tree. At least at small companies they don’t route you to 5 different places before they still don’t solve your problem.

CJ is alive and well, focusing on the high end, and they still “Just Sound Right.”
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Roger that captain!

Now let's hit warp speed and enjoy the ride... or shall I say, enjoy those fine tunes!
RJ
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

Thank God!

:)
aldinohiend
Advanced
Advanced

Post by aldinohiend »

Inviate 2 mail ma senza aver ottenuto alcuna risposta
Aldo
McIntosh MCD 1100
Conrad-Johnson GAT / Conrad-Johnson Premier 350 / Magneplanar 3.7i
Conrad-Johnson Premier 16 LS2 / Conrad-Johnson Premier 140
Conrad-Johnson Premier 18 / Conrad-Johnson MF-2500a / Dynaudio Confidence 5
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

aldinohiend wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:01 am Inviate 2 mail ma senza aver ottenuto alcuna risposta
Email is a low priority for many small businesses right now. These high end audio companies have few employees even in the best of times.

And if you sent them in Italian, they will probably never be answered anyway.

Usually you hear back ... but with limited staffing right now, the best bet is to be a persistent caller. Patience is not a virtue ... it is a coping skill.