PV2

Got a problem? See if other members can help you out. Registered users can download schematics, manuals and pictures.
Doctubes
Beginner
Beginner

PV2

Post by Doctubes »

I have 4 Preamps PV2 and 2 of them are noisy . Samething wrong in anode resistor of output tubes , I guess . I couldn't download schematic . Is the a PCB layout available ? Thanks for help .
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PV2

Post by admin »

Welcome to CJO, great to have you with us.

I think we do have the PV2 schematic in our database so I would recommend starting there to see if you can identify a bad component. You can download the schematics here: https://www.conradjohnsonowners.com/vie ... f=17&t=128

Did you consider other potential causes such as ground loops? I only ask as you don't provide us with too much information and there can be other causes of noise.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Doctubes
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Doctubes »

Thanks ! Sorry for my mistake . I have Premier Two Preamps . Unfortunately , this schematic is a little bit blurred and I can't read resistor number and value . Noise is more like cracking . This problem happens frequently when Anode resistors are defective . I'll trace the signal and keep you informed of results .
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

More often than not, a noisy preamp needs retubing.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Hola Doctubes,

Before changing the anode resistors, change their solder at the solder joints. The solder with time, makes faulty contacts and become noisy. Usually that's the problem. Also, noises, 90% comes from noisy tubes. I agreed with AJ on this.

If you can't read the value, Conrad Johnson always use a 1% metal resistor tolerance value.

Happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.