Greetings from the Mitten

Tell us who you are. Old veteran, young newbie, just passing by, or here
to stay!
Dogma
Regular
Regular

Greetings from the Mitten

Post by Dogma »

Northern Michigan audiophile here,returning to the fold after many years.Seems like a nice group of people here.As of tomorrow if FedEx is running on time there will be a (new to me)Sonographe SA120 installed in my system.The other CJ component I owned was a PV10 linestage which I kept for four years before selling it and moving on.Over the years there are two components I sincerely miss - the PV10 and the Polk SDA speakers.
Right now I'm running an Aric Audio Transcend Push Pull amp into Tekton Impact Monitors.The combination is great for the most part until the music gets loud and complicated,becoming compressed and unpleasant when I want to rock out.I'm really looking forward to getting some of that CJ sweetness along with more power for my electric blues evenings 8-)I'm not sure if the Sonographe has ever been been updated at some point,if not I'll look into that.I'll post more details in the amplifier forum in a day or two.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Greetings from the Mitten

Post by admin »

Welcome to CJO, it's great to have you with us. Let us know how you like the SA120. Definitely a nice solid-state unit to add to any system.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: Greetings from the Mitten

Post by roberto »

Hola Dogma,
Welcome, and the Sonographe SA-120 is a very nice unit. At the output stage, there are FET transistors instead bi-polar. The FET transistors are tube like behaviour. It is a shame that they are not used any more...very few in the industry use the CMOS FET transistors.

The power amp is powerful, clean and easy to use. The tonal quality is very good, and of course it has the Conrad Johnson SS signature. Don't read the specs, just fire up and have a listen. Immediately you will understand what I mean.

Happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.