Have a very safe and Happy New Year everyone!

Everything not even remotely related to CJ.
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Have a very safe and Happy New Year everyone!

Post by joeinid »

Here's to wishing everyone a happy new year with more CJ gear in your life.

Enjoy!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Have a very safe and Happy New Year everyone!

Post by admin »

Happy new year to all and best wishes from CJO!
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Joe and Admin,

First of all, I have to thank to you for your patience with me. I just want to wish to you the best for this 2020 and a very happy listening!

Happy 2020 listening to all!!!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

Roberto,

I appreciate all your contributions here. I also love your enthusiasm, it’s contagious. I wish you the best in this new year with the musical enjoyment only Conrad Johnson can provide.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Hola Joe,

Thank you so much for your kind words. It is just that! I am in heaven now with Conrad Johnson goods. I am really that happy! I just wish that I could speak more fluent English. When I read RJ, I get green with envy (the good envy here) because I would like to express myself that clear. All of you have that, but I think that I am learning. I have next to this web page, a word reference dictionary. Translations many times are not too good, but I get the clue of how to express a little bit better. Again, I beg for your understanding.

Joe, I wish to you the best with this new recently born baby, and to enjoy every song reproduced by Conrad Johnson gear! Conrad Johnson sounds right! Also, quality has no regret!!! And the last: trust what your ears are telling you. Believe in them, not in specs!

Happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Very good point Roberto!

As I've always stated and believed, our ears are the final judge, definitely not specs! But sadly there are too many people, including Audiophiles and experts who simply believe in specs and go after the reviews! Not to mention even trust reviewers so much as to order expensive gear, even without listening, simply because the reviewer claims it's great! What a load of bullocks!

Wish you the very best too mate, and many thanks for sharing your stories, they're always interesting to read, regardless of your writing skills, don't worry about it.

All the very best to all, and thanks for sharing your knowledge to us, it certainly helps me to better understand the various systems people have put together over the years and is always a learning curve.
CJ gear is no doubt extraordinary, we are very fortunate to be able to afford such gear as things are changing and so are prices...

Enjoy what you have, look after it well enough and it will provide many more years of superb musicality.
Cheers to all, and a big woof!
RJ
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Hey Bro RJ,

Thanks for your words. That's make me to be good. You certain have the wisdom of words. I am learning a lot of your liking. I do believe that we listen very much alike. That's a good thing for me, because this make to keep me in seeking the same: how to listen the best way our beloved hobby.

Sometimes I think that I sound kinda rude, but this is not my intention. Please, when you read me, and I am not right, do not worry, just correct me. I do not get upset with it. It is a matter of fact, it is the right way to learn.

Yesterday, I had the pleasure to work in a C-J power amp model Premier Four. The construction and the way it is built, makes it a monster. The problem was a tube that did not able to bias. It was just a 5 watt 20 ohms open resistor . Not a big deal. Their design really amuse me. Simple circuit design and always quality parts inside. The resistors tolerance, are at only at 1%!!! Brands as expensive as C-J, uses 5% of tolerance and are carbon base resistors. These resistors are nosier that the metal alloy that C-J uses. The amp has the 6CA7/EL34 output tubes...a very warm sound.

Happy listening!
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

RJ,

After about less than hour of playing music with the Premier Four, the same resistor blew. This indicates that the tube is the culprit. I did change the tube EL-34 (Mullard Brand that I had) and the replaced bad resistor. Now the unit is singing back again, and I had it for about ten hours of continuous playing. A bad tube that my tube tester said it was O.K. I am still learning the hard way. I should did replace that tube before! I hate when things like this happens to me. The lesson here: always are reason why a resistor blows. Change that tube and you will be safe.

Happy listening!
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Ah! The mighty Premier 4 power amp, definitely a monster no doubt!

The transformers in those weigh a tonne, and it has plenty of current to drive anything. Those were the good old days of EI-Core transformers and they were extraordinary trannies, not like the toroids that most use today. Roberto mate, you are correct in reference to quality parts with CJ, in fact not only resistors being alloy but all their caps, circuit layout, resistors in critical stages, coupling caps and power supplies are top notch! Many so called high-end makes these days simply can't keep up, and this is another reason why things are getting expensive...

Yes, that resistor blowing is definitely a bad tube, I'm surprised the main output transformers circuit on the output fuses didn't blow as well, as this also indicates a bad tube, fuse going out and protecting the output tranny. Anyway, glad you fixed it.

Cheers and have a good one!
Best, RJ
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Right on RJ,

It weights a tonne, and the quality built is awesome. I am very used to give service to a high end goods. Conrad Johnson is a Company that uses the best parts inside. Quality has no regret! Also your ears can tell this!

Happy listening!