Tell us who you are. Old veteran, young newbie, just passing by, or here
to stay!
Santosh
Beginner
Beginner

New Member from India Bangalore !!

Post by Santosh »

Hello and greetings from India !!
My name is Santosh and I am a music lover for more than 12 years and I never had a Conrad Johnson equipments in my system.
I listen to all type of good music worth to listen I do not feel very comfortable with most of the actual home audio equipments because I find them not in line with my taste.
So planning for DIY with Altec Lansing speakers and CJ equipments.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Member from India Bangalore !!

Post by admin »

Welcome to CJO. I was in India a few years ago and found it amazing.

I'm guessing it is difficult to find CJ equipment in India. What do you have in your system now?
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Hola and welcome Santosh,

I have a friend who told me that audio gear is very expensive there. Also I do know that your commercial trade with England is OK. There are a lot of good speakers made in England, like Tannoy, B & W, Kef, Fyne Audio, Mission, Acoustics, ProAC, Spendor, Quad, etc...

Altec Lansing, an American Company, their products is more forward to professional sound. This is my opinion and I might be wrong. Any of the above brands along with Conrad Johnson gear will sing beautiful.

Tell us more about your needs a liking...

Happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
Santosh
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Santosh »

@Admin and Roberto thank you.
Finding a CJ equipment in India is very difficult Hardly few of them own CJ. I want to be one among them if possible it's my dream equipment.
Audio gears are expensive in India!!
I have heard with many hi end equipments like mark Levinson pre power, but nothing came close to CJ.
Planning for CJ CT5 and LP70S please let me know if anyone in Forum willing to sell them!!
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Santosh,

it is important to let us know your mains AC voltage. I presume that you are 220V AC, right? All C-J goods are easy to convert them for the working voltage of your need. If you do not know how to do it, take it to an electronic workshop. You have to desolder joints, and change them to the right position. Usually the manual shows what to do.

At Ebay, you can find Conrad Johnson gear a fair price. Read carefully from where it is going to be shipped and also, if there is a warranty. You can ask all the questions to the seller. Ebay warrant the transaction.

You are in the right track with Conrad Johnson. It is a magical product.

Happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You may want to also check audiogon as there are always multiple CJ units for sale and they are pretty open to foreign shipping.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Great advise too!
Also, you can google. There are possible places near you that might be selling what you are looking for.

Happy listening!