Roberto's System

Post your system to the site for everyone to see!
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Roberto's System

Post by roberto »

Hola Chicos,

This is my system, and I am in Nirvana...
Attachments
IMG_0697.jpg
IMG_0697.jpg (3.82 MiB) Viewed 8451 times
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Roberto's System

Post by admin »

Beautiful setup Roberto. Congrats.

What are those two small round items on stilts right behind the inner lower panels?
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Hola Admin,

Those are a little LED lamps. Everybody had asked me the same thing. Also behind the speakers, are the Shatki Hallograph Soundfield Optimizer. These two wooden stands really do a very nice and good job to my overall sound. Here are a couple of reviews of what they thought they got with them:

http://v2.stereotimes.com/post/shatki-h ... -optimizer

https://6moons.com/audioreviews/shakti/hallograph.html

Thanks for visiting my system Admin,
Warm regards from Costa Rica,
Roberto.
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Nice one Roberto,

In fact the sheer size of the Classic 120se cannot be truly visualised from a photo. You need to see this huge beast up front in person, and then only can someone accept the solid build of these Classic amplifiers.

Those transformers are massive, and the weight alone tells you straight away that this thing will drive difficult loads quite easily, with plenty of current capability and stable power supplies, an ideal amplifier for full range electrostats.

Very nice mate, 😉
Cheers and enjoy! RJ
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Hola RJ,

Thanks a lot!...well, because I am always changing gear here, I have a cables mess around. People like to come here with their gear and take a listen...pre amps. power amps, days, CD players, etc.

Take a look of the speaker's feet. They did their magic to the sound. Giagia II Isolators, I never thought that I could here them for good, and they did...basically at the lower midrange and the upper bass. Added more body to the overall sound. I feel more crystal clear overall too.

A big hug from Costa Rica my dear friend Rj,

Roberto.
bear
Super Pro
Super Pro

Post by bear »

How far from the back wall are your speakers? And how far apart are they? And how far from the side walls?
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Hola Bear!
It is an asymmetrical position. To the back wall I have 2 feet 10 inches both speakers. The right side is only 8.5 inches from the wood to the wall, and the left side is about 2 feet 5 inches. The separation between them are 6 feet frame to frame. I have move them all ove in the room, and this is my liking. I love the stage, the sense of 3D and I am seating in the 5 to seven center rod at the theater. Moving them toe out, I can seat in a longer seat, and moving them toe in, I can be the director of the orchestra. This is my Bat Cave.

Happy listening!
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

image-12May2019.jpg
image-12May2019.jpg (791.57 KiB) Viewed 4723 times
RJ, not only you like Nordost. To my ears, these are the ones that I do like most.
Happy listening!
Roberto
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Ah! Those are the Blue heaven interconnects!
Can't quite make out the exact Nordost speaker cables you're using, anyway these will bring out some wonderful tunes through your system.

I sold so many Blue Heaven, Red Dawn and SPM Reference during the day, and the majority of speakers that our customers owned were either Maggies or Quad electrostats. The depth and 3D imaging in the soundstage was superb! It was Nordost that led me back full circle to panels/stats, after also enjoying ribbons for many years.

Now Nordost costs a pretty penny and all their top line stuff costs a fortune but I must say they are worth every penny once installed in a top tier system. The sheer speed, power and musicality comes to life at a very high level and this is what SPM stands for.

Over the years Nordost conducted numerous tests and engaged in serious design research and unique cable construction topologies, now in every cable and interconnect they offer the miro-mono filament technology. Then they go a step further towards dual and triple mono- filament designs, taking the level of SPM even further. Sometimes I just wonder in awe how they do this, and I guess this is the price tag after a heavy labor intensive process...

Cheers & enjoy that music! 🍻
RJ
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Rj,

Blue Heaven too.
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

Beautiful system and room Roberto. Thank you for sharing!
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

If everything goes OK, I might be moving for a new house. I will have my dreams system room. But I am very happy with the results on this small room. I am having each time that I play my music through Conrad Johnson, a Nirvana! I did adjust my speakers to have a big stage, with truly sense of 3D.

Glad you did like it!, Joe.

Happy listening!
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

You are indeed a lucky man. Fingers crossed for your new home and listening room.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Joe,
I am dreaming with the house. I am talking about it, so the Big Mighty knows that I am counting with His big help here...if not, them still enjoy my little room. I am crossing my fingers and my legs, begging for that most happen.
Thanks for your best wishes!
Happy listening!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Good luck with the new home Roberto. I built my home theater/listening room from scratch a number of years ago and if you have any questions or want some recommendations let me know. I learned a lot by doing it myself.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Good to know Admin...

But this is not yet...it is our project (the wife and me). I am prying for that this happens. I will get back to you with lot of questions...specially room size. This room is going to be my new bat cave. I am crossing and prying that I could happen.

Thanks my friends!
Happy listening!
paulCJ
Advanced
Advanced

Post by paulCJ »

roberto wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:33 am Hola Chicos,

This is my system, and I am in Nirvana...
Roberto, Wow!!! What a system!!!!
CLX, Classic 120SE & ET-7!! What a combo!!!
Recently heard a demo of the Martin Logan Neolith, driven by all solid state, and while the electrostatics had great imaging, a reasonably smooth tonal balance and filled a huge room with clean sound, I kept wondering how much nicer the midrange would sound with CJ tube magic!!
Congrats Roberto!
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Hola Paul,

Thanks for your kindness. I am an old wolf. I am 71 and I have over 50 years putting together what I have now. I entered into high end world in 1976, I had most all known brands and of course I had CJ. It was driving my CLSs, an older ML speakers model. My mom had a bad sickness, so I sold what I had at that moment.I Had tubes and SS. An Audio Research pre and amp before driving my CLXs, and now these beauties. This is the best sound that I ever had after all.
Happy listening!
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Roberto, need your help mate:

This is something I've never come across in my entire history of dealing and owning CJ gear;

There's a good mate of mine who bought the Classic 120se to drive his Sonus Faber monitors. He was using the ET7S2 but didn't like the Teflon caps sound and couldn't be bothered with the burn in time... So he's now using a different preamp.

Anyway, he had initially biased the output tubes (KT120's) and everything was fine until... One of the output tubes LEDs started glowing "yellow " not the usual Red...?

I have never come across this unusual yellow colour on the LEDs whiles biasing tubes. Have you experienced this yellow colour? If so why yellow and what does it mean?
There's nothing stated in the users manual either, and a few LEDs are yellow, most of the others are Red. Any idea?
Since you're using the same amp, thought you might have been exposed to a similar situation.
Cheers, RJ
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Hola Rj,

The new bias LED are yellow color. Not red. If he can not adjust the bias, just exchange the tube position from that particular tube to one of the other channel. This could help. I had an experience with a tube that was not possible to adjust, and Mr. Fischel told me what to do...just move that tube to another position, and that was all...don´t ask please the why, just do it!

Regarding the Teflon caps...tell your friend to reconsider that!!! I have had a lot of friends with different brands to do a comparison between my ET, and all of them was smoked by my ET-7...yes, smoked by far! And they said it...I just did bring mine for the comparison.

Happy listening!