to stay!
nico_the_frog
New User
New User

Another french member

Post by nico_the_frog »

Hi there,

I'm Nicolas,

I leave in the center of France. I own a PV10 linked to a Nakamichi PA-7. My loudspeakers are Pioneer S-3EX.
I joined first to get information about schematics but would be glad to share on CJ products. I owned some entry budgets or mid-level components (NAD M3, Musical Fidelity A5, Pioneer C90+M90, rotel RA-02, Nad320bee, Electrocompaniet class A amp, metaxas charisma, classe audio CAP-101) but none gave me such satisfaction (for the pre-amp stages) than my CJ.

Bye

Nicolas
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Another french member

Post by admin »

Welcome to CJO, great to have you with us. I've been to France on multiple occasions and it is a beautiful country.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

Welcome to the forum Nicolas
sdixit2000
New User
New User

Post by sdixit2000 »

Hi Guys, not sure if this is the correct place to post my question. But I have a CJ pre-amp and amp. I am in the US but am planning on moving to France this summer. Any ideas on what I need to do for the power supply in order to run the equipment in France. OR do I need to get rid of my current equipment and buy new gear?
Thanks
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

sdixit2000 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:44 pm Hi Guys, not sure if this is the correct place to post my question. But I have a CJ pre-amp and amp. I am in the US but am planning on moving to France this summer. Any ideas on what I need to do for the power supply in order to run the equipment in France. OR do I need to get rid of my current equipment and buy new gear?
Thanks
You have to rewire the power supply to run on 240v. This can be done on all CJ units. Depending on how comfortable you are with working on electronics, you may want to have a professional do the work before the move.

The alternative is to use a transformer that converts their local 240v to 120v. If this is a permanent move, probably converting the units would be the optimal approach. Also note that the plug receptacle is different than US.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

sdixit2000 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:44 pm Hi Guys, not sure if this is the correct place to post my question. But I have a CJ pre-amp and amp. I am in the US but am planning on moving to France this summer. Any ideas on what I need to do for the power supply in order to run the equipment in France. OR do I need to get rid of my current equipment and buy new gear?
Thanks
Hola and welcome,

Yes, Admin is right. All Conrad Johnson are built with the possibility to work in Europe voltages. The conversion is very simple. In your owners manual, there is a chapter where they show what to do. If not, you can take it to any electronic workshop. There are no parts needed and all what you have to do is change the protecting fuses to the half value of what are you are using now in the US.

Happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.