Classice 62SE Tube Power Amplifier

From tubes to solid state.
whnay1
Super Pro
Super Pro

Classice 62SE Tube Power Amplifier

Post by whnay1 »

The Classic 62SE is a hit. Having sold my Classic 120SE I stepped down a little to the Classic 62SE. At about half the power it is still a gutsy power amplifier.

When I first got it of course it was brand new. I found it to be dull and veiled and was incredulous as to why. Then it hit me - the Teflon caps need a good 100 hours of break in. So, as they broke in so did the sound-stage, so did the bandwidth, and so did the high frequency extension.

This amp is a refinement of the CL60SE with a newer gen power supply and better wiring. The transformers are covered nicely adding a great cosmetic appearance.

What I am noticing now is the marvelous highs and lush mid-range I was used to on the CL120SE. Its mid-bass is getting better as we speak.

Mated with the ET7 S2, the CL62SE is a winner.

Update - it has really come alive since the Teflon caps are broken in.
Last edited by whnay1 on Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Classice 62SE Tube Power Amplifier

Post by admin »

Congrats. Sounds like a great purchase.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
2bdude
Advanced
Advanced

Post by 2bdude »

So, your in the business of selling CJ at reduced prices and posting reviews on forums as a user. Hmmmm?
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Mmm, yeah I was thinking the very same.

I used to own my own dealership few decades ago in a galaxy far far away but now I'm based in a different country altogether. Dealership closed up and I had to start building my system from scratch! Hence, all purchases for the entire system were from locally owned Australian companies, including the electrical wiring!

We have very very strict rules about importing from overseas markets. Unless the particular brand of import was NOT available in Aus, then we're allowed to bring in, Not otherwise. Oh! You could certainly bring them in but at a massive customs duty and import charges, that would eventually put the price back up to the original SRP. So no point in chasing that venture.

BTW, whnay1 where exactly are you located mate?
Would be good to know because depending on your location, prices will vary drastically. Do you offer full warranty and if so how are we to acquire service in the event service is required?

After all nothing is bullet proof!

Anyway, welcome to CJO. I truly hope your business grows in the right direction for all the right reasons and specially for the love of music.
Cheers and all the best, RJ
whnay1
Super Pro
Super Pro

Post by whnay1 »

I am in Virginia but do not get involved overseas. Contact jeff at CJ to see how and where you can source CJ there. BTW, I would love to come to Australia - love the country!
whnay1
Super Pro
Super Pro

Post by whnay1 »

Actually I am a user of virtually every CJ product they have made. If anyone needs to know where to buy that is OK.

I have an excellent background with CJ and provide advice and reviews based on my real experiences. Where and how someone buys I don't worry about. Just here to help.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Thanks for your message mate, makes perfect sense. After all you're spreading the love for CJ musicality!
Good on ya mate!

Not to worry about Aus, we have a CJ importer here who has been around since the 70's. He was a former Air Force pilot and loved tubes and stats, so he's been selling exactly that since retirement...
Now his son, who is a very close mate of mine, runs the Melbourne operations, whereas his father who is the sole proprietor is still based in Queensland, up state.

He also services and repairs any faults with high end gear, specially CJ and ARC, has been at it for decades. Most of the repairs he overlooks, sometimes he doesn't even use a schematic because he knows the circuit so well. Great chap to meet but very simple and to the point, hence quite a few get put off by first impressions.

He's known as the CJ guru in Aus. And we also have a Martin Logan and Quad Guru here as well, so it's definitely helpful to have such great tech people on board. Otherwise we'd be up a S creek like what I had to deal with back in homeland, no proper service tech support whatsoever, hence had to rely on close neighbors such as Singapore, Thailand or Malaysia.

This is also where a lot of second hand dealers were approaching us for sales, it was very difficult to refuse since the prices were rock bottom but at the end of the day I had to be ethical, so I ceased communication with them.

Also good to know that you don't get involved overseas but then again that's your business and your choice.

Cheers mate and enjoy the music, RJ