Christmas comes early

Everything not even remotely related to CJ.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Christmas comes early

Post by admin »

Happy holidays to all! Hope everyone stays healthy and safe in these trying times.

-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Joe Appierto
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by Joe Appierto »

The same to you and yours and everyone on this forum.
Oppo BDP-105D and PSA DS DAC
Conrad Johnson CA200
MartinLogan EML
In-Akustik Exzellenz Cat 6 Ethernet and HDMI, Q-Audio IC and speaker cables, and Acrolink 6N P4030 power cords; PSA Duet PLC and Juice Bar, Oyaide R1 wall outlets
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Merry Xmas to all! I was born on Dec 25Th, so for me, it is not only is Xmas time, it is also my birthday. Yup, I was born on Xmas day...what a gift to my mother and my brother, who is three years older. He was wishing for Xmas a brother. I was born at my father's side grandmother's house around 4 o'clock. I was told that once I was cleaned, I was situated next to the Xmas tree, and around 5:30 my brother was wake up and told him to see what was next to the Xmas tree. Since then, I belonged to him. We are not only brothers, we are best friends too. I am going to be 73 years old!

Again, I wish to all of you Merry Christmas and a very healthy, prosper, wealthy, and happy new 2021!

A big hug to all from Costa Rica,
Roberto.
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Best wishes to all, greetings from down unda. We've been having some pretty erratic weather lately... one day 34C next day 18C and now 14C. For one thing not erratic, is CJ gear, always just sounds right!

Admin: nice one on the ART amplifiers, enjoy matey, well deserved not only in terms of what the ART's deliver but the fact that you've brought us altogether on this wonderful forum. We love the sound and our truly passionate about our well earned CJ gear, in whatever shape, size or form that may be. As long as we're loving it.

Roberto, turning 73 wow! Obviously looking younger has to be the contributing factor that you listen to music through CJ amplification and of course the CLX's! Cheers to that matey and stay healthy.

Wishing all our present and new forum members, a very jolly one. May you have a relaxing and safe Xmas.
Most of all, enjoy those fine tunes!
Woofty woofing, RJ
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

...Roberto, turning 73 wow! Obviously looking younger has to be the contributing factor that you listen to music through CJ amplification and of course the CLX's! Cheers to that matey and stay healthy...

That statement definively is the truth. God knows how to discount from our lives, the hours spent listening to music!

A big hug to all wishing the best in the coming 2021! I am truly in love with my system, besides that I have a little story to tell.

This past Saturday, my youngest son, Gustavo, had his birthday. He invited the family bubble to his house. There, his father in law gave him some cables for his system long time ago, and Gustavo never used them. We were looking for a remote control that it was supposed to be into a drawer. In an old plastic bag, I saw a purple Nordost cables (SPM model) and I asked him what those cables were doing there. He said: oh, I never used them, are so ugly and I don't use them, do you want them? Sure, why not I said..obviously, he is not an audiophile.

Sunday morning, I was changing the Blue Heaven for these SPM top of the Nordost line about 20 years ago. I never though that they were that so good! I got much better overall sound quality, with more precision at the stage. The voices were cleaner and crystal clear, I had a brightness before, that made my upper midrange and lower treble sound more unnatural. I always thought that this could be the recordings, because this problem was not always...

In short, I never thought that I was going to have the nasal voices solved. And there is more life like quality sound, I am again, wanting to be listening to my music...

Happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Hey Robbo mate,

That's correct! Nordost top of the line during that time was SPM reference, stands for Speed-Power-musicality. I used these very cables with our Apogee Diva & Premier 8A system, it was truly marvellous!

Fast fwd over 20yrs... and now their top of the line is Odin supreme reference series. They have come a fair way from the SPM tech and have bettered this tech in every way in their new series which they now offer in Norse 2 range, and supreme reference range. I've heard the Odin's along with the ART300's driving CLX's, my golly is it wonderful!

However, so is the price tag! On a slightly lesser scale and probably slightly more reasonable (still fairly expensive) the Norse 2 series one up from the Frey2 which I'm currently using, is Tyr2 and then Valhalla. These are supreme cables and I really don't know what Nordost does but the difference in high tech and performance is just out of this world!

If you ever get a chance to audition either the Frey2, Tyr2 or Valhalla"s you'll know straight away what I'm talking about. Then when you experience the Odin's, you'll be lost for words. I guess the high tech stuff they use, plus being so labour intensive, relates to the cost.

That's a very nice find, the SPM reference are special cables. Enjoy those fine tunes!
Have a great Xmas and very best for 2021
Cheers, RJ
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

RJ,
The Nordost representative here in Costa Rica was Mr. Arq. Salvador Grijalba. A truly gentleman who passed three years ago. I had the chance to have for over a month, the Valhalla, also a kind of purple colour too. It overall sound was too mellow and sweet. I got sick to a point that I didn´t want to listen my system...strange? Very! Then he pointed out that perhaps I was not ready for them. My system was a Sonic Frontiers Line3 and the Classic One Twenty SE.

I went back with my old cables, and I start to moving my foot again with the tempo of the music. This was a good sign for me. Then listen the old Nordost Blue Heaven, and was not too happy, but I start to listen more this model, and I got the Nordost bug.

These SPM Reference cable is a discovery for my ears. I thought that I will never will have the Nordost top of the line, and guess what? I really like them so far.

Thanks for your advice and your wishes.
A big hug from Costa Rica,
Roberto.