Martin Logan CLX's in Cherry Red

A nice place to sell, buy, and trade anything (without the fees). See something on sale at another site, talk about it here.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Martin Logan CLX's in Cherry Red

Post by Big Dog RJ »

G'day fellow audiophiles, music lovers and enthusiasts.

I have passed this around to a few members here already, as to gain some interest. I am helping a fellow audiophile mate sell his CLX's to a deserving person who is passionate about full range stats.

These are located in Australia, up state in Queensland. They're in mint condition and carefully used. I have posted some pics below for your perusal, and since I currently own a pair myself, the main reason why I'm posting on CJO is due to one specific reason; these sound stunning with CJ amplification! And may I add, many other so called high-end audio gear, which actually cannot drive CLX's to their full potential, CJ amplifiers have no issues whatsoever!

I know it's an obvious hassle to ship these from Aus, plus take into consideration the voltage conversion, since these are set on 220/240v Aus standard. However, if anyone is interested, and there's a will there's a way!

The asking price is 10 grand USD for the pair! So anyone out there who wants further info, please pm me and if you want to get a step closer, I can certainly introduce you to the original owner.

BTW, the question may arise as to why on earth this person is selling these, well he happens to also have the Apogee Diva's, which are being refurbished by Graz in QLD, with top notch parts and build. Therefore, he feels that the Apogee's will be his preference, I can certainly understand that simply because I used to own the Diva's as well, and they are outstanding, no doubt!

It's just a matter of personal taste, and one can't have it all...
Cheers, RJ
Attachments
cid_156.jpeg
cid_156.jpeg (223.66 KiB) Viewed 645 times
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: Martin Logan CLX's in Cherry Red

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Apogees Diva A9's
Apogees Diva A9's
Resized_20200327_075543.jpeg (277.46 KiB) Viewed 645 times
Funny I'm replying to this post, just noticed it's been nearly a year...
Well thought I'd just pass on a message, these CLX's have been sold. Both the previous owner and new owner, whom I know well, came to an amicable agreement and all is well in the land of panels...Both are very passionate about their panels!

Btw, the CLX's were replaced with the Apogee Divas, a very unique and special rebuild done up here in Queensland by Graz. Although the previous owner still absolutely loved the CLX's, can't afford to own both, so one has to go, and it's off to a great system comprising of the GATS2 with the LP275M's, using digital as the primary source from Playback Designs gear.

Will be auditioning both these systems soon, once the virus is gone and the big dog is let loose...!
Until then...
Cheers to all, RJ
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Although I am a big fan of ML, those Apogge's look really nice. Looking forward to hearing your comparison review, RJ.

BTW, what amps are those behind the speaker?
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

G'day Admin,

Yes these are one of a kind Apogee Diva A9, stands for advanced 9. Solely hand rebuilt by Graz here in QLD, upstate, it took him 3 years to complete! The owner has posted on WBF as well as a few pics on the crossover box as well. The entire frame is pure steel, and comes in 3 separate parts with a total weight of close to 250kgs.

This is serious gear, a radical change from the original Divas that I once owned. The only parts of wood used are the fronts using Jarrah wood supplied by the owner.
He was very reluctant to let go of the CLX's but after all you can't have everything unless you're a multimillionaire like my other good mate in Spore (owns, ML Statements, Infinity IRSV, CLX's and now Alsyvox ribbons), he sold off his Maggie 30.7s to another dealer.

The amplifiers he's using are the Ayon monoblocks massive 400w/ch Class A using KT150s. He told me the exact model - Orthos or something... I just can't remember the exact details but he's posted it on WBF. I'm too sure exactly how much of that power is actually class A but it states on the specs pretty much all the way up to 180w depending on impedence. I'm thinking it averages around 200w Class A And then probably switches into AB anything above that. That's still awfully powerful, not required for CLX's but certainly will help to grip the bass panels on the Divas.

I'm really excited about these, not only because they're one of a kind and fully restored by Graz but also because I used to own them and it brings back so many memories... good and bad.
In the tropics I could never get the Divas to work perfectly but the few years we had them working optimally, oh my were they superb!

We're both eagerly waiting for this virus thing to phase off so we can get back to normal life! The first trip I'm making will be this my good friends place up in QLD. I can imagine the sound up to a certain level, since I had the Divas driven by the Prem8a monoblocks partnered with the ART preamp, using the DV2b CD player, it was just beautiful!

I'm still very very pleased with the CLX's, no doubt one of the finest stats still in production. It's nice to have another smaller ribbon panel just to complement the panel aspect, so I plan to get a pair of Apogee Duetta signatures done sometime by Graz. That will be far more manageable on the finances, I really don't want to spend unnecessarily, especially already having the CLX's. The wifey will throw me out into the dog house!

Big woof!
Cheers mate, RJ
Apogee Acoustics
New User
New User

Post by Apogee Acoustics »

Just was alerted to this - the Divas mentioned in the post above are not refurbished speakers, they are an absolutely all new design sharing nothing from the classic Apogee Divas - except the Diva name. All aspects and parts are unique, and based on a full metal chassis design using foil only MR and TW ribbons mated to a unique design XLM bass panel. Completely distinct from any other Apogee's from history - way beyond even the best we hare refurbished. Built to higher standards and tighter tolerances than any previous Apogee ever. Full details here http://www.apogeeacoustics.com/forum/vi ... ?f=4&t=822
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

OMG!

They look outstanding. I used to own Apogee Duetta II. I listened to the original Diva at my previous dealer many, many times drooling.

Very lucky owners, congratulations!