Tell us who you are. Old veteran, young newbie, just passing by, or here
to stay!
Smiggsy
Beginner
Beginner

Hello from the U.K.

Post by Smiggsy »

Glad to be a member on this forum.

I've been into quality audio since the early '70's with british brands, and going to hi fi shows introduced me to CJ and I was hooked!

I've owned CJ equipment since 2000. I started with a PV12 pre, DR-1 cd transport with the D/A 2-b dac.

The PV12 was replaced by a PV14 then onto a Premier 17LS2 which is definately a keeper.

Present power amps which I've owned for about 7 years are Premier 12 monoblocks, which I love. Have tried different tubes from the 6550's to KT88's and now running KT120's which I prefer.

Smiggsy.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello from the U.K.

Post by admin »

Welcome to CJO. Great to have you with us. I'm still rocking a PV12 as well as D/A 2-b DAC. Great equipment you have there. If you have a chance, post some pics, would love to see your setup.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Nice one indeed!
Another fabulous pre-power combination. Legendary status and legendary sound, without a doubt!

BTW what speakers are you using? Or did I miss it...
Cheers and welcome to CJO.
RJ
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Hola and welcome Smiggsy, here are spoken words of wisdom...Conrad Johnson sings beautiful.

Happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
Smiggsy
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Smiggsy »

Thanks for the responses guys.

I'm using Martin Logan Prodigy speakers which I adore.

I also have a pair of IMF Domestic Monitor transmission line speakers which are residing in the spare bedroom. I've owned them from new in 1973!

I have never tried them with the CJ gear, but I will one day.

Barry.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Smiggsy,

Believe me when I say I do understand your love for the Martin Logan Prodigies. You have a very nice system. I also was a Prodigy user. Those are a fantastic speakers. And they are the last model with the old panels technology...this does not means that they sound bad, not sir. Our house rooms here in Costa Rica, are not too big, so I did use their bass switch located at the back of the speaker cabinet, to a -3dB position. I got outstanding bass definition with great stage. Having the signature of Martin Logan clearness, low bass distortion and a finesse only found at top match speakers. Congratulations!
Happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.