Tuggs' System

Post your system to the site for everyone to see!
Tuggs
Advanced
Advanced

Tuggs' System

Post by Tuggs »

This is my second system, but I've been listening more to this combo lately than my main system, partly due to the newness of PV6 with this particular assemblage, and also I spend more time here than in the guest bedroom where the main system is.

This humble, yet synergistic system consists of the following:
Quadraflex Reference 510T belt-drive semi-automatic turntable, circa 1980
Denon DL-103R through Denon AU-300LC step-up transformer
Sherwood S-2400 AM/FM tuner, circa 1974
Conrad Johnson PV6 preamplifier, circa 1985
ADC CD-100X CD player, circa 1985
Lafayette LA-310 stereo amplifier, circa 1959
ADS L980 studio monitors, circa 1985
Last edited by Tuggs on Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tuggs' System

Post by admin »

Very cool. You got some really vintage gear in there. How is the Lafayette holding up after 60 years?
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Tuggs
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Tuggs »

Doing great.
I'm trying to load two images, but it gives an error message saying it can't determine the dimensions of either. ???
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Are the images very large? There are limits to size (but they are pretty generous at 15 MB). Are they a standard format like jpg? Can you try a different web browser? This is the first report of having difficulty with uploading images.
-admin
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Tuggs
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Tuggs »

They are jpeg files from my computer, under 1 Meg, and whether I use Chrome or IE, I get the same caution symbol under status after upload completes (which it doesn't) saying the following:

Error
It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Do you think you can email me 1 of the files at "admin@conradjohnsonowners.com" and I can take a look?
-admin
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I got the two pics. I think I know what is wrong. The images somehow have incorrect dimension variables. I opened the images in Xnview and looked at the properties and EXIF data on the images. If we take the first image (Vintage System.jpg), on properties is says the image size is 500x375 (this is also what windows reports as well and what is displayed when the file is opened, it's more of a thumbnail-sized picture) but the EXIF data indicates dimensions of 4032x3024.

I think your pictures somehow got corrupted. I see that you took the pictures with your Motorola G 5 Plus cell, did you do any post-conversion? That may have messed things up. Somehow the metadata on the picture is not matching the actual image and thus it's turning out an error.
-admin
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

So here are the pictures reformatted. Hopefully, they will display correctly.
PV6.png
PV6.png (3.43 MiB) Viewed 2649 times
second system.png
second system.png (3.2 MiB) Viewed 2649 times
-admin