Post by joeinid »

Ha! Thank you, I couldn’t resist.

I am curious about the 27A though.
bear
Super Pro
Super Pro

Re: NEW Conrad Johnson ART27A Triode Tube Amp

Post by bear »

I was told that the old logo is available now on this new 27A amplifier. You can get either one when you place an order.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That's actually a rather nice option. It seems like the new logo/branding is "controversial".
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

art27.png
art27.png (210.32 KiB) Viewed 2303 times
bear
Super Pro
Super Pro

Post by bear »

Looks much better to me. Joe, I'm sure this will make your Avantgardes sound great. Have you placed an order yet?
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

:)

Not yet. I’m trying to get up some funds by selling a few amps in my stable. Until then ... I cannot spend the money.
jeffreybehr
Master Apprentice
Master Apprentice

Post by jeffreybehr »

FWIW, these '88s in triode are run in push-pull and NOT parallel (ie single-ended), per 'Catherine' @ c-j.
Tin-eared audiofool, large-scale-Classical-music lover, and damned-amateur fotografer.
William Bruce Cameron: "...not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Yes that's correct!
It's not a full designed SET class A operated amplifier as I had initially thought as well...
They have designed it on push-pull config, as CJ usually does... Having a certain amount of Class A bias is always helpful and I would think driving high efficiency speakers from this particular amp would sound superb, no doubt!

Overall, I have always preferred the push-pull topology over the SET design. This should be one sweat and also powerful sounding amp.

Joe, I reckon you should take it for a spin on the AG Duo's. Should be a SOTA sound mate.
Cheers, RJ
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

Hi RJ,

I'd love to hear it but not sure I want another tube amp, no matter how good :)
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

Has anyone purchased or heard the ART27A amp yet?

Very curious :)
bear
Super Pro
Super Pro

Post by bear »

I would love to hear it myself and see how it compares to the ART 150.

Jeff at Tone Audio gave it a rave if you did not see that.

Having owned AG speakers I can surmise that the 27A probably will be a great combination. Joe, if you are going to keep the Duos long term this is an amp you should audition.

I do find this amp a very odd choice by the manufacturer however. The low power limits its use and the ART 150 for less money drives everything and sounds great. Not sure why anyone would choose the 27A over the 150.
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

I am entertaining a slightly less efficient conventional speaker addition to better match the 27A should I consider one.

I’m afraid, without having heard the GAT2 and 27A on my Duo XD, the gain would be too high. Excess noise, hiss and hum drives me nuts. I don’t have any of that now.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Hola Joe,

These goods have excellent signal to noise ratio. They are over 100dB (this spec are very conservative by CJ. Hum?, you have to find which component is producing the hum. Hum usually is due a ground loop. Regarding the sensitivity, your pre amps use the same type of volume control that are used on nowadays models. Each click represents +- .7dB. You can adjust the level easy on any system, having very sensitive speakers.

You can find a dealer to lend to you what you want to buy, or go his store and have a listening. We all know that the magic of CJ sound is on all models, all depends of your liking and how much do you want to spend. I do know that there are CJ components better than the ones that I have...but I am soooooo happy with my sound, that I do not want to do any change.

Happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

Thank you very much Roberto.

I guess when I’m ready, I’ll need a demo.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Joe,

I forgot to mention that the new ART27A is a class A power amp...the distortion and the harmonic texture is breath taking!!!
GO FOR IT!

Happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

Ha! I need that. I’m sure it’s wonderful. Just need some more money :shock:
roberto wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:36 pm Joe,

I forgot to mention that the new ART27A is a class A power amp...the distortion and the harmonic texture is breath taking!!!
GO FOR IT!

Happy listening!
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Joe,

we are in the same boat...

Happy listening!
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

I’m looking forward to a demo later this year. :)
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Yes Maties, this would be one very special sound indeed!

My long time trusted CJ distributor/importer, will be taking delivery of the very first one this coming week. It will be in Brisbane for a while, as that's where the head office is located. Plenty of enthusiasts wanting to audition this thing up there... So therefore it will take a bit longer to reach down to Melbourne. Unless it was sold to a special customer, in which case we'll have to wait again for another unit to be shipped out from VA.

He's ordered the smaller "standard CJ logo" as the captain Mr. Jeff F promptly complied! BTW it does cost a pretty penny, somewhere around 35 grand! Not bad for a Class A 30 watter. On demo it will most probably be driving the Quads or the Vandy's Quatro top of the line series. Hope by that time he has a darn good preamp, as all stock of the ET7 & S2 have been sold. For the time being, an ET3se will have to take control...

Will report back once I get more updated.
Cheers, RJ
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

Thank you RJ.

Looking forward to more information!