interconnect advice

Discuss and chat about all things Conrad Johnson.
diwakarv
Frequent User
Frequent User

interconnect advice

Post by diwakarv »

Hi Guys,

I recently upgraded my system with CJ equipment and would appreciate advice/experience with interconnects & speaker cables options .
My system is
DAC: HD3 USB DAC
Preamp: ET3SE
Amp: Classic sixty
Speakers: Focal 1027 BE

Thanks
diwakarv
Frequent User
Frequent User

Re: interconnect advice

Post by diwakarv »

Anybody ? I am leaning towards cardas NR & Cardas Cross since I am getting great deal on them.
Joe Appierto
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by Joe Appierto »

Cable preferences are very individual and may garner you as many different responses as individuals who respond. Also, you didn't state any budget for purchase. Not ever having heard Cardas, can't comment on that. The cables I've found that best fit my preferences in the past have been Acoustic Revive, Nordost and XLO.
Oppo BDP-105D and PSA DS DAC
Conrad Johnson CA200
MartinLogan EML
In-Akustik Exzellenz Cat 6 Ethernet and HDMI, Q-Audio IC and speaker cables, and Acrolink 6N P4030 power cords; PSA Duet PLC and Juice Bar, Oyaide R1 wall outlets
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Have to agree with Joe on calbes and price range needed for recommendations. I will aim my comment towards "budget audiophile" recommendations as if budget is not an issue, you can choose tons of high end (expensive) options.

I would check out Signal Cable and Blue Jeans Cable. Both offer really nice cables and competitive prices. I have used both in my system.

If your a DIY'er you may also want to make some on your own. In the DIY section of this forum I have an instructional post on how to make interconnects. Not too hard, it's fun, and you design the cable to your specific needs.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
diwakarv
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by diwakarv »

Thanks for reply guys.
I tried monoprice, monster and then Cardas Cross and the difference was significant enough to justify the big bargain price for cardas ( I got cardas cross for less than $100 a pair ).
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

diwakarv wrote:Thanks for reply guys.
I tried monoprice, monster and then Cardas Cross and the difference was significant enough to justify the big bargain price for cardas ( I got cardas cross for less than $100 a pair ).
I think you will be much happier with the cardas. I feel that Monster is big box store quality (ie pretty much crap) with an inflated price tag. Although I am a big fan of monoprice (they offer good service and cheap prices and are better suited to computer parts, cable management, etc.), I was very disappointed with their interconnect cables. I had bought a few pairs of their "premium" interconnects to try out. The plugs were way too tight, and put a lot of stress on the connectors when putting them on and taking them off. Also, they pretty much sucked the "life" out of the music. Until doing some A/B comparisons with monoprice cables I was doubtful on how much interconnects can really effect sound. Now I am a firm believer that interconnects can make a significant difference.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.