Tell us who you are. Old veteran, young newbie, just passing by, or here
to stay!
Musictek
Regular
Regular

Old CJ hand

Post by Musictek »

Hi, everyone.
Although I have limited time to participate in forums, I will check in from time to time to see if I can be of any assistance. I was CJ's technical director for the first 20 yrs of their existence and still make my living repairing, restoring and upgrading high end audio electronics, with a special emphasis on CJ stuff.
I look forward to getting to know you guys and will help any way I can.
Thanks!
pstrisik
Super Pro
Super Pro

Re: Old CJ hand

Post by pstrisik »

Musictek wrote:Hi, everyone.
Although I have limited time to participate in forums, I will check in from time to time to see if I can be of any assistance. I was CJ's technical director for the first 20 yrs of their existence and still make my living repairing, restoring and upgrading high end audio electronics, with a special emphasis on CJ stuff.
I look forward to getting to know you guys and will help any way I can.
Thanks!
Hi Musictek and welcome!

I'm not sure when CJ came into existence. When did your 20 years with them end?

Any chance you have access to or leads to finding a faceplate for a Premier 11 in decent shape?

Thanks......
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Peter

Dennis Had Inspire LP-2 preamp
Dennis Had Inspire KT150 amp
Thorens TD-145 MkII
Restored AR 2ax', Omega Super 7 XRS Alnicos
Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 6/DAC Magic +
[/color]
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Welcome Musictek,
I'm sure your knowledge and experience will be a great addition to our small community. You mention that you still do repairs. Do you do repairs on CJ equipment? I ask as sometimes our users do have issues with their equipment and they may want to take advantage of your services.

Welcome to the community!
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Joe Appierto
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by Joe Appierto »

"and still make my living repairing, restoring and upgrading high end audio electronics, with a special emphasis on CJ stuff."

I've been familiar with this individual and his company for 16 years and can say he/they are top notch. He upgraded a c-j PV-10AL to 10A status and replaced various parts elevating its performance by a quite noticeable degree. Most recently he worked on my CA200 and once again, I was pleased with his honesty and integrity.

He hasn't mentioned his or his company's name, so we'll leave it at that unless he wishes to do so.

I hope I haven't spoken out of turn here and apologize if I've done so. I have no agenda/affiliation other than what I've stated.
Oppo BDP-105D and PSA DS DAC
C-J CA200
Polk T50
In-Akustik Exzellenz Cat 6, Kimber IC, Q-Audio SC, Blue Circle and Acrolink power cords; PSA Juice Bar and Duet PLC
Musictek
Regular
Regular

Post by Musictek »

Sorry for the late reply, but I don't visit forums all that often.
Anyway, my company is Music Technology, Inc, in Springfield, VA. My name is Bill Thalmann
My 20 yr stint with CJ started in 1978 (about the time CJ started up) and lasted until 2000, with a brief sabbatical in the early 80's to work on high energy lasers for a different company.
Anyway, we (Music Technology) is kind of an all encompassing resource for high end repair/restoration/upgrading of every type of audio equipment. Obviously, one of our specialties is CJ work of all kinds.
My email is bill@musictechnology.com if you're interested in more info.
Thanks!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Bill,
It's nice to have your input here on CJO. Your name is well known and respected.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

+1

Thank you so much.

admin wrote:Bill,
It's nice to have your input here on CJO. Your name is well known and respected.