Wow dad. :)

Tell us who you are. Old veteran, young newbie, just passing by, or here
to stay!
annalouise01
Beginner
Beginner

Wow dad. :)

Post by annalouise01 »

Lew Johnson is my father. And tonight I realize how much he has accomplished and how many lives his love of music has touched. I am so proud of him. :) His work is so far beyond what I can understand - being a veterinarian - electronics never came easy for me. In fact there have been many times I have yelled profanities at his equipment (why does mute = on/off????). Not sure if he or anyone else will read this but - love you dad and hope I can make you proud too.
pstrisik
Super Pro
Super Pro

Re: Wow dad. :)

Post by pstrisik »

Wow annalouise! Thanks for posting. We all will read what you wrote. He has been special to the audio world, no doubt. One of the greats.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Peter

Dennis Had Inspire LP-2 preamp
Dennis Had Inspire KT150 amp
Thorens TD-145 MkII
Restored AR 2ax', Omega Super 7 XRS Alnicos
Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 6/DAC Magic +
[/color]
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you for coming to the site and leaving such a nice comment. Your father has truly touched the lives of countless people through his contributions to music listening. I can not even guess at how many hours of enjoyment I have received from his products over the years. I feel that the "CJ sound" is very unique and this is rather special in today's world with literally hundreds if not thousands of amps and preamps being released every year. One must have great talent to carve out such a distinguished niche in this competitive industry. Your father's ingenuity and talent have allowed us to gain a deeper appreciation for the wonderful recordings of today and yesteryear.

Once again, welcome to the site and please feel free to browse or leave any comments you may have. Have a most wonderful day and best wishes.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
antaresbluespirit
Pro
Pro

Post by antaresbluespirit »

Oh Yes, You can proud of your father Annalouise!

his tribute to the music reproduction has been acknowledged for years within the worldwide audio music lover communauty...

It is really great to have you in this forum!

Regards from France

Raymond
annalouise01
Beginner
Beginner

Post by annalouise01 »

Hello all. Dad always said he was a "big fish in a little pond". I didn't realize that pond reached all over the country and the world. Went to see mom and dad a few months ago at the lake. We spent the evenings listening to great music - old records. These days there are few who just listen to music anymore (makes me sound older than i am). Sound bites on tv or smart phones aren't the same. To just sit and listen to an album - so beautiful. Whether on cj equipment or one of dads collectible record players. It just sounds right. :) I know y'all understand.
Anna L. Johnson (now Barnes)
Joe Appierto
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by Joe Appierto »

Welcome to the forum, Anna. Your father and his associates have indeed brought a great deal of joy to people the world over.

PS: Sounds like you have a CA200. :)
Oppo BDP-105D and PSA DS DAC
Conrad Johnson CA200
MartinLogan EML
In-Akustik Exzellenz Cat 6 Ethernet and HDMI, Q-Audio IC and speaker cables, and Acrolink 6N P4030 power cords; PSA Duet PLC and Juice Bar, Oyaide R1 wall outlets
joeinid
Pro Master
Pro Master

Post by joeinid »

Hi Anna,

Yes, your dad and associates have brought me many nights of wonderful musical enjoyment. Please tell him "Thank You" from all of us.

Joe
camusmuse
Pro
Pro

Post by camusmuse »

Such very kind words from someone who though they may not have appreciated at first what many have known for so many years. Being proud of your father for not only his work and reputation is something I find wonderful. That you would share here is just further proof. Not sure if you just stopped by this one time, but if you do find your way back here....I would LOVE to know what your father's sound system consists of, if that is not too much to most humbly ask. To me and many others he literally helped set the "gold" standard for audio reproduction and produced equipment that have brought joy to more people than any of us can really comprehend. Thank you again Anna, I am sure you have made your father proud.