Bi-wire speaker cables conversion

Everything not even remotely related to CJ.
Q3Di
Advanced
Advanced

Bi-wire speaker cables conversion

Post by Q3Di »

Hello,
I would like to use the Nordost bi-wire speaker cables with four banana plugs on the speaker end with Magnepan. However, Magnepan only has single connection. I don't want to reterminate the cables. Is there any adapter to convert the bi-wire to shotgun?
Thank you
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: Bi-wire speaker cables conversion

Post by AnotherJohnson »

It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

FWIW, Magnepan, Wilson, and several others are “unenthusiastic” about the bi-wiring concept, so they don’t facilitate its use. But you probably already knew that.

Nordost might be willing to reterminate the cables for a fee. That would probably give you the best possible result. Terminating Nordost with adapters might be viewed by some, me for example, as adding ketchup to a prime beef medallion. Or making a wine spritzer with this

https://www.wallywine.com/2018-chateau- ... BkEALw_wcB

But … it’s cheap enough to try it.

Looking forward to your report.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can always use a biwire cable as single ended simply by not plugging the second set of contacts. No harm in doing that although purists may object.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

admin wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:21 pm You can always use a biwire cable as single ended simply by not plugging the second set of contacts. No harm in doing that although purists may object.
The true believers buy into the argument that the bi-wire approach gives electrons a choice of which path to take, and that they will divide up according to the frequency of their oscillation. If one believes this, using half the path (plugging in just one plug) defeats the purpose.

Some thoughts from another forum.
https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/ ... to-bi-wire
Q3Di
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Q3Di »

I got the angle locking banana plugs and inserted both speaker ends into this locking banana plug.