Nuovo membro Mike PV2

Tell us who you are. Old veteran, young newbie, just passing by, or here
to stay!
marcomichelacci
New User
New User

Nuovo membro Mike PV2

Post by marcomichelacci »

Salve a tutti, ho da poco inserito un pre Conrad Johnson Pv 2 nella mia catena vintage composta da Marantz cd 94 MK2, Ar giradischi Xa, Finale Denon Poa 1500, diffusori Zingali Overtur 2s. Suono stranamente un po' scarico in gamma media e alti un po' duretti ed esili. Controlla do le valvole ho constatato che non sono quelle indicate sul manuale C-J. Quindi mi accingo a rivalvolare..Consigli? Esistono schemi corretti del pv2? Ne ho trovati alcuni probabilmente di un altro pre ha solo 4 valvole e non 6..grazie a tutti.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Nuovo membro Mike PV2

Post by admin »

Per google translate:
Hello everyone, I recently inserted a Conrad Johnson Pv 2 preamp into my vintage chain consisting of Marantz CD 94 MK2, Ar Xa turntable, Finale Denon Poa 1500, Zingali Overtur 2s speakers. Strangely, the sound is a little flat in the mid range and the highs are a little harsh and thin. Checking the valves I found that they are not those indicated in the C-J manual. So I'm going to reconsider... Any advice? Are there correct pv2 schemes? I found some probably from another preamp it only has 4 valves and not 6...thanks everyone.
I don't speak Italian but welcome to the site. Great to have you with us.

As for the tubes, you want to make sure you have the right set for the PV2. The correct set is: V1: 12AX7 | V2, V5: 5751 | V3, V4, V6: 12AT7

Now the PV2 over 40 years old so I wouldn't be surprised if it may need some components to be replaced or refreshed at this point. That's an awfully long service record.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.