member here in Raleigh,NC

Tell us who you are. Old veteran, young newbie, just passing by, or here
to stay!
mpw
Regular
Regular

member here in Raleigh,NC

Post by mpw »

I have been a CJ owner since the mid 90's.
My current CJ gear: MV-45, PV-12 with phono, and PV-6.

I love how CJ gear sounds, it does sound 'just right".

Interesting that used CJ tube amps and pre-amps are going for almost what they cost new
and not that many being sold on the used market . It must mean the CJ owners keep their gear !
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: member here in Raleigh,NC

Post by Big Dog RJ »

G'day mate, greetings from down & the unda!

That's excellent to hear your thoughts about CJ gear. That's also a definite that the sound is unique in such a way that it will immerse you in the music, and that's what it's all about!

90's were the glory days of CJ, even though now their gear is very pricey... but gets you even closer to the live event, that vintage gear had a very high level of musicality. It is this level of musicality that is so addictive, nothing really compares.

As you mentioned, most CJ owners don't ever sell their gear unless they're upgrading to top tier CJ within the model line. However, there are only a handful who have sold their prized CJ gear... then moved on and then regretted it (including myself) but we always find a way back, and somehow it's bloody marvellous!

Cheers to CJ! Hope you have many more years of refined musicality.
Woof! RJ
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: member here in Raleigh,NC

Post by admin »

Welcome, great to have you with us.

Love the classic CJ gear. I owned the PV-12 but you've got the magic one with the phono stage is is exceptional. That's definitely a keeper.

As RJ says, most of us fall in love with the CJ sound so when we do upgrade, we are looking at CJ offerings.

Enjoy the tunes!
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.