Audio Note Speakers

Amps, preamps, speakers, cables, and any other Non-CJ products.
Paolo
Super Pro
Super Pro

Audio Note Speakers

Post by Paolo »

Has anyone experience with any? My listening room is small and I'm curious about speakers designed for corner placement. I have no problem with my Guarneri Homage standing about 1/3 out from the front wall, but having more floorspace would be a positive. My amp is a Classic 62SE still in its pre-adolescent stage of development. :). Audio Note urges customers to assemble all-Audio Note systems for best results. Personally I have no idea.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Audio Note Speakers

Post by admin »

I've listened to some bookshelf AN speakers before. Which model are you specifically looking at?

How big is the room?
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Paolo
Super Pro
Super Pro

Post by Paolo »

Room is 11 x 13. Backwall opens to the living room thankfully so I can move further from the speakers depending on the music genre and my mood. I don't know enough about ANUK speakers to choose a model with certainty. I suppose the ANJ being the mid-level is where I'd start looking. The company offers many, many options and levels, too many IMO. As a mere mortal, I find this mostly confusing. Paper vs Hemp cone? Yeah, that I can pretty much understand but the other stuff? No so much. :)
Last edited by Paolo on Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

A smaller room like that would make smaller bookshelfs a good option. And as it would be fairly near-field listening, you don't need a lot of power so the Classic 62SE should be able to handle anything in that class.
-admin
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
Paolo
Super Pro
Super Pro

Post by Paolo »

Being able to place speakers in the front corners is appealing. If my interest in AudioNote continues to grow, I'll simply have to arrange a home audition somehow. Goodness knows, I've done it with more than a few amps over the past couple of years.

OTOH, the Sonus Faber Guarneri Homage are so lovely in so many ways, I don't think I could willingly part with them.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Is there are reason your are looking to change speakers? Those SF would be a pretty good option in a smaller room as well.
-admin
Paolo
Super Pro
Super Pro

Post by Paolo »

Just considering the AN's because they'd take up far less of the room and I grew curious. My SF's are great and are likely to remain my endgame speakers. That way they stay in the family as well.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'm a big fan of SF so if you like that much I probably would not be looking for new speakers,... but of course it's always fun to try new things. The Guarneri Homage's don't take up that much more room so I think it would be a good option for a room of that size.
-admin