Art Mono blocks

Discuss and chat about all things Conrad Johnson.
WICK
New User
New User

Art Mono blocks

Post by WICK »

New to the forum...

The red TUBE OUT light has illuminated on my amp... I think due to a faulty tube...

Does any one know which fuses the amp uses? The manual does not seem to be accurate?

Can I just change the fuse on mown?
Thanks
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Art Mono blocks

Post by admin »

Welcome to CJO.

Are you talking about the large fuse in the back? That one is not listed in the manual. The other internal ones are.

If so, it's this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0020 ... UTF8&psc=1
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
SolderSlinger
Pro
Pro

Post by SolderSlinger »

I would be concerned with buying a fuse form an Amazon merchant in Asia selling a US made fuse. Unfortunately, Amazon and Ebay are a source of counterfeit fuses.

I recommend using a US electronic parts supplier like DigiKey, Mouser, Newark, etc. to source fuses. Might cost a little more but at lease you know the fuse will perform correctly. If a fuse opens to early, it's only a nuisance trip. If it opens too late or not at all, the protected circuit/device could fail.

My $0.02, I would rather have a known good fuse than worry about sending amp to CJ to fix a catastrophic failure.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Good point. I was using that more of identifying the fuse than necessarily recommending the vendor. In the bigger scheme of things, fuses are going to be relatively inexpensive so no reason the skimp on potential quality.
-admin
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
SolderSlinger
Pro
Pro

Post by SolderSlinger »

The KTK style fuses are packaged 10 to a box. A box of 10 is the lowest cost option. Individual prices are higher because the electronic shop has to manually pull-out individual parts. I bought a box of 10 KTK 2A about 2 years ago for around $55.00. Can't remember if purchased from Mouser or Newark. Make sure to verify that the price is for a box of 10. Some companies get the cost wrong, so while you think your getting a box of fuses, you might end up with only 1 fuse for $50.00.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

That 1 fuse does cost us $50 down unda. I'm more than happy to pay thst price simply because they're sourced directly from CJ HQ, no where else!

There are other reputable supplies as S-s has stated above and they offer good pricing and top quality.

At the end of the day, I don't see any point in owning any CJ gear for that matter, may be it vintage or current production and compromise on such things.

CJ gear deserves the best to perform in their intended way so don't compromise on small things.

Cheers, RJ
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Correct. You don't want to be penny wise and pound foolish.
-admin