New version of RC-20 available

Spinning CD’s in that DR1 connected to a D/A-2b? Talk about it here.
Wildcat
Master
Master

Re: New version of RC-20 available

Post by Wildcat »

admin wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:14 pmI think the viable alternative is to get a programable remote. You can get a pretty nice one for $100. The RC-10 does look and feel pretty cheap. I have both the RC-10 and RC-20 and the 10 is not a show piece. :)
I remember when I bought my PV-14L (used), and saw this chunk of plastic fall out of the packaging. When I realized that it was the remote I was saying to myself, "You're kidding me, right??" 😁 It also stood out as not having a power button, although the phono stage and power amp don't have remotes so it's not really all that important.
C-J PV-14L/C-J Premier 11/Martin Logan Spires/PS Audio DirectStream Jr./PS Audio AirLens
Technics SL-1210G/Nagaoka MP500/Dynavector XX2 Mk. II/SweetVinyl SugarCube/C-J EV-1
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

I think Roberto said that if you hold the mute button down long enough, it turns the preamp off.

The ARC, McIntosh, Levinson and Burmester amps can be triggered on or off by a 12 V DC signal, or by other methods as explained in the manuals, using their preamp remotes.

The ARC gear uses a mono mini plug connection. The McIntosh gear uses a stereo mini plug connection. The Burmester gear uses a 5x2.5 barrel plug connection.

Right now I am listening to an old favorite reference. Dire Straits Love Over Gold. Honestly it is as though I’ve never heard it before. They say Burmester is the solid state that tube lovers love. Works incredibly well for me.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Chicos,

I was thinking that I could installed the old batteries back to the RC-20 instead the fresh ones. Why I did such a silly thing? The answer is easy. I had two beautiful dogs that I had to put them to sleep. They were with us over 14 years! The first one to go was Venus, a German Shepherd, on February and then Luna, a street dog, she passed in June. I brought a new puppy four months ago, a Bolder Collie, and she was adopted instantly by Luna...but Luna got sick and I had to let her go the dog's paradise. Well, Ari has taken our heart. She is very intense and super fast. She is a crook. Everything gets lost and you will find part of it at the back yard. You don't see her taking things. She is a magician.
ari.pdf
(1.83 MiB) Downloaded 133 times
I think that I got distracted when I was changing the batteries, and I put back the old ones back to the RC-20. The RC-20 problem was bad batteries. Nothing else. My mistake for sure. I was putting my attention to Ari, and not what I was doing. She came into my Bobby's room, and she was getting all my attention, not of what I was doing.

She now is 6 months old...and now she had become a beautiful dog (beautiful for us). She still is a crook. You don't know when she is going to take something and disappear.
She has grown a lot...
Ari grande.pdf
(2.09 MiB) Downloaded 129 times
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Dogs are great companions. And accomplished thieves.

My wife complains about our dog, but I explain to her that the dog is a great dog. So great that he could give other dogs dog lessons.

He’s a great dog, but a lousy housemate. :lol:
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

That’s a very cute dog. Border Collies are incredibly smart. They’re always thinking. You should try to give it a job to occupy it. Maybe get a few sheep or geese for it to herd. Otherwise it will create its own job. Stealing stuff is a great game/job.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

roberto wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:43 pm I think that I got distracted when I was changing the batteries, and I put back the old ones back to the RC-20. The RC-20 problem was bad batteries. Nothing else. My mistake for sure. I was putting my attention to Ari, and not what I was doing. She came into my Bobby's room, and she was getting all my attention, not of what I was doing.
Glad it was a simple mistake. We all make those. Those remotes are expensive so I wouldn't be happy if mine broke. Glad it is working.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Yes, I am happy to report that it was my big mistake. Nothing else.

Thanks for your kind words AJ and to you Admin.

Happy listening!
ML CLX BF-210 Stage X Motion 4. CJ 120SE amp ET7V2 pre, Holo May Kte Dac. Mac Pro. Power Cond. BPT Signature+ 3.5, Gaia II Feet. USB Lush^V3. Nordost SPM IC and Spk. Shun Mook, BCanto CD2 CD3. Linn LP-12/Unitrack tonearm/Denon DL103R MC.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

15 years ago at the Marietta, Georgia BMW motorcycle dealer, the owners brought their Border Collie to spend the day every day. If they left her home, she was too busy finding negative things to do.

The dog’s name was Millie. She was obsessed with the game of “fetch the ball.” She was in dog heaven whenever a customer would throw the ball for her. She would run among the motorcycles on the showroom floor as required to meet her goal of bringing the ball back to her playmate.

When I had BMWs, I used to take my motorcycles to that dealership because it had a good service department. The owner’s name was Bobby too. I would play with Millie while my service work was being done. She’s passed on now. But like many dogs, she left great memories.
roberto
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by roberto »

Ari is a very smart and she is always for any game. Everything is a game for her. The empty plastic bottles (cokes or water bottles) are a truly toys for her. She loves the noise of the plastic when she bites them. Also the tennis balls, they last only a couple of days, but she really is busy playing with them. All kind of toys for dogs, specially the ones that have a kind of whistle or makes a noise while it is bitten. She barks for any animal. We have a lot of gecos, and the gecos drive her crazy. Even a butterfly, or a wasp. She is so intense, which it is a good thing, because it is making me to walk every day at least a couple of milles. When we get home after the walking, she is exhausted, and also this guy here.
I took her to see her pediatrician :lol: , and she (she, the dr. is a veterinarian) found her in a great health. I think Ari is a very happy dog, and she lives in a place where she is loved very much too.
Oh well, I hope she keeps in a great shape, and live a very happy dogs life.