Safe and Sound in Chicopee, MA

Amps, preamps, speakers, cables, and any other Non-CJ products.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Safe and Sound in Chicopee, MA

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Safe and Sound is a really really really big dealer not too far from admin.

I’ve dealt with them by mail Oder for several years. They have a surprisingly large number of well thought of brands. Like Esoteric, B&W, Burmester, Marantz, and others.

They have a HUGE showroom, several private demo rooms, and they will set things up for auditions, even including gear you might want to bring from your current system.

Some things can only be sold on site, but many things can be shipped. They offer great deals on demonstrator units, open box, refurbished, and the like. And sometimes they will negotiate further, even over the phone.

They have a generous return policy that I’ve taken advantage of myself.

So … if you’re looking for a piece of gear that CJ doesn’t offer, take a look at Safe and Sound’s website.

https://www.safeandsoundhq.com/
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Safe and Sound in Chicopee, MA

Post by admin »

I'm going to have to check them out as I've never been. There are a little over 2 hour drive from me but I often go down to CT to visit relatives so I will probably go on one of those trips as it's along the way.

I checked out their website and indeed they look rather large.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

admin wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:24 am I'm going to have to check them out as I've never been. There are a little over 2 hour drive from me but I often go down to CT to visit relatives so I will probably go on one of those trips as it's along the way.

I checked out their website and indeed they look rather large.
Make an appointment in advance, and they’ll set up a specific demo. They have HT as well as two channel.

FWIW, I am NOT affiliated in any way. What brought them to my mind was a TAS video tour of their store. I was surprised at the bricks and mortar investment.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

They really have a massive collection of gear. Looks like a lot of Martin Logan speakers as well which would be fun to try out.

Bluesound must be selling a lot of streamers as I see them all over these stores. I was at another local shop (Audio Video Therapy in Nashua, NH) and they had them in almost all their rooms. I see Safe and Sound carries them as well and are prominently displayed on their website and listings.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

They have the Neoliths in one demo room.

They use BluOS for their streaming in nearly all of their demos.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Here’s the TAS video I ran across while looking for a different one.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EJlHv-rVvWA