Is Audio Research bankrupt?

Everything not even remotely related to CJ.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Re: Is Audio Research bankrupt?

Post by AnotherJohnson »

It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
Big Dog RJ
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by Big Dog RJ »

Definitely not! ARC is on the move once again down unda...
One of my good mates just purchased the remaining pair of Ref160M's and the Ref10 preamp combination. He's got the Apogee Duetta Sigs fully refurbed by Graz, and is using only TT rig, no digital.

Said it sounds wonderfully awesome. So I'm heading over there on Sat to have a listen. Beer / wine and cheese platters will be served, so most probably after a few tiples and some cheese, I'm guessing it'll sound fab!

Cheers, RJ
tonye
Master Apprentice
Master Apprentice

Post by tonye »

Everything sounds great with food and drink.

From one drink to four, every drink is worth $5K of audio equipment (*). At around four drinks you are at the Reference Signature Special Edition Level.
But, after the fifth drink the soundstage collapses and you enter the Stereo Nowhere Bose Stage (**).

(*) That was what my letter to the TAS editor stated in the late 80s. I figure today that would be $12K.
(**) That's where I collapse into the couch and one of my ears is buried into the pillows so all I hear is in fuzzy mono.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Big Dog RJ wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 4:41 am Definitely not! ARC is on the move once again down unda...
One of my good mates just purchased the remaining pair of Ref160M's and the Ref10 preamp combination. He's got the Apogee Duetta Sigs fully refurbed by Graz, and is using only TT rig, no digital.

Said it sounds wonderfully awesome. So I'm heading over there on Sat to have a listen. Beer / wine and cheese platters will be served, so most probably after a few tiples and some cheese, I'm guessing it'll sound fab!

Cheers, RJ
Lots of docs were filed on 5/25 and 5/26. They outline the sale of all ARC assets except the cash and the bank accounts to Valerio Cora, a Canadian of Italian descent who owns other companies, including Acora Acoustics.

He gave less than $1.1M for it, lien free. So the rest of what’s owed will be sought from Trent Suggs.

The documents show that the process is moving forward, and soon it may be in the rear view mirror.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
tonye
Master Apprentice
Master Apprentice

Post by tonye »

$1.1M for ARC?

Heck, I could have bought it.

It would have been worth just to get a few amps...