Eva Cassidy

Anything you can hear or see.
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Eva Cassidy

Post by AnotherJohnson »

Eva Cassidy has been mentioned a few times over the years here, but always as a reference point for someone else (like Melody Gardot) who was the subject of the post.

I’ve recently discovered her because of Roon/Qobuz suggestions when I’m listening to Diana Krall, Melody Gardot, Norah Jones, etc.

As I’ve enjoyed her 14 album discography, I’ve started reading about her … and she actually only had one studio album before her death in 1996.

She was apparently discovered posthumously by music lovers in the UK, and assorted projects using tapes have led to eleven more albums since her untimely death due to cancer at age 33.

This girl has serious pipes. She’s one of the best I’ve ever heard. Her most recent release was last month. Her vocals were stripped off of other albums and mixed with performances of the London Symphony Orchestra. Really. Just like the Natalie Cole and Nat King Cole duets.

If you want to listen to her, I’d recommend her original studio album, “Eva By Heart” … followed by the new release “I can Only Be Me.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eva_Cassidy
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
Joe Appierto
Pro Master
Pro Master

Re: Eva Cassidy

Post by Joe Appierto »

She was a late discovery for me, too -- August, 2021. I kept seeing her albums pop-up on one of the threads over on the PS Audio forum and asked for recommendations. One of her fans suggested Eva by Heart, Songbird and Live at Blues Alley so I ordered them from Amazon and have been enjoying them ever since. That lady certainly could sing. You really feel she put her heart and soul into her songs.

If I remember right, she emptied her 401K retirement account to release Live at Blues Alley. Rather ironic or maybe she was just prescient.

So sad she died so young.
Oppo BDP-105D and PSA DS DAC
Conrad Johnson CA200
MartinLogan EML
In-Akustik Exzellenz Cat 6 Ethernet and HDMI, Q-Audio IC and speaker cables, and Acrolink 6N P4030 power cords; PSA Duet PLC and Juice Bar, Oyaide R1 wall outlets