Re: CJ service

Post by whnay1 »

How is the CJ Service doing now?
AnotherJohnson
Ultimate
Ultimate

Post by AnotherJohnson »

kzhtoo wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:56 pm Hi, I just want to share that the intermittent noise issue is finally resolved. I tried a set of cable risers with the output RCA from ET7-S2 and I’d say 99% of noise magically disappears. I was quite skeptical at first, but I’m glad I tried the cable risers. I was ready to move on. So glad that I’ll now get to enjoy the ET7-S2 to its fullest. It’s a sonically remarkable pre-amp.

Thank you admin and others who helped me with this.
I think his problem was solved.
It’s just stuff. I like mine. I hope you like yours. I probably like yours too.
pfmmx
Frequent User
Frequent User

Post by pfmmx »

I had a very good experience with CJ Service. I got home from traveling for work and was going to enjoy a good beer and some tunes. I warmed the system up & put on a record. I sadly just had silence. System worked great the last time I used it. Put on a CD(sacralidge that it is) and I had tunes. In my CD defense, I do have a tube-based output stage. Hold the hate mail-ha-ha. Thought maybe my tubes went away on my CJ Tea1 S2. Put in a spare set from my miniature tube supply. Fired everything up and silence. Crapper. Went and fetched my trusty PV9. Hooked it up to my CJ Gat and I had music thru the phono stage. Problem with the Tea1. Called Jeff at CJ (He is not a fan of my long-winded emails). After a brief discussion, we determined that I needed to send Tea1 to CJ. Sent it Fed Ex Ground to CJ. Jeff had it for a little less than a week and sent it back my way. 12-day total turn time. It seems one of the Teflon caps in the output stage went bad. On the awesome news front, I had 3 weeks left on my warranty. Free fix plus shipping. Only pain was a little break-in time on the new Teflon cap in the output stage. Very positive experience!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Glad to hear of the positive experience.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.
PopSweden
Regular
Regular

Post by PopSweden »

I own an ET3 preamp. Does anu one know which pin under the Ground/Earth on the top od the electric dwell. is hot and which is cold.
Eurupean / japanse are Hot ground cold if it looks like roof. But often Americans amplifiers are cold ground hot.
It is important so I connect the chord correctly so I have same phase for all products.
I open it but i could not figure out.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

PopSweden wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:28 pm I own an ET3 preamp. Does anu one know which pin under the Ground/Earth on the top od the electric dwell. is hot and which is cold.
Eurupean / japanse are Hot ground cold if it looks like roof. But often Americans amplifiers are cold ground hot.
It is important so I connect the chord correctly so I have same phase for all products.
I open it but i could not figure out.
First, welcome to CJO. Nice to have you with us.

You may want to make a separate topic on this (either under the troubleshooting or the Preamps section) as your question really has nothing to do with CJ service issues in this topic. As for your question. The ET3 has a standard IEC connector so I'm not sure what you are asking. Any IEC power cord will have the correct connections as it can only go in one way.
-admin
Home Theater in Member Gallery
Main stereo: ART Amplifier and ET7s2. 2nd stereo: PV-14L and MV-55. Previously Owned: PF2 preamp, Evolution 2000 Amp, PV-12AL preamp, D/A-2b Vacuum-Tube Digital Processor.